A tour of Kauffman Stadium

Ez Street

Well today Former Board visitor KingGoose and I took a tour of Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City. It lasted an hour and cost $6, but we had fun seeing the Stadium from a different perspective. Tour included: Press Box, Dug Out, Team Batting Cages, Royals Hall of Fame, Monarchs Tribute, Press Conference Room, and just the thrill of being at the ballpark when it's not a game. So we took a few pictures and i thought i'd share. I'm going to the game tomorrow so maybe i'll get some other pics of the "K".

Me in the Dugout

Me "holding a Press Conference"

A veiw from the Press Box

KingGoose at the Dug Out

KingGoose at the Press Room

Enjoy, but beware!

I took a tour of Comisky (umm, US Cellular) last year. The tour guide was stupid, she told us there was a lot of yardarge out in the outfield. Then we went to a luxury box. I wasn't impressed at least the could of showed us the dead bosy they found outside :D .

I was fortunate to take tours of Safeco Field and SBC Park. Both are great parks to tour. Since I had a "tour" of Pac Bell when I was with the Demons, it was interesting to see the baseball side. We went into the visitors clubhouse (Demons locker room), it was tough. :(

EZ, That is a nice place. And some great pics!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I almost forgot to mention that I think Kaufmann stadium is highly underrated. It looks great. I love the way the upper deck section is shaped.

i have to agree kauffamn is underrated. it's probably because it was built in the dual use stadium age and wasn't built during the "Stadium Renaissance". my sister calls it "Pimp Stadium" referring to the crown.

1997 | 2003

i have to agree kauffamn is underrated. it's probably because it was built in the dual use stadium age and wasn't built during the "Stadium Renaissance". my sister calls it "Pimp Stadium" referring to the crown.

.... and the fountains as BLING :lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

Kansas City, the City of Fountains. If you think that's BLING you should see the Country Club Plaza. Some SERIOUS BLING!

I love the K, one of my favorite places to go to. I'm stoked for tomorrow. Better than some NEW stadiums and it's been around for 30 years....

EZ is right, Kaufmann Stadium is a beautyful place to watch a ball game. I believe ESPN had a guy rate all the stadiums; several catagories like accessiblity, food, seat view, ticket price, etc. The "K" got a very good rating, one of the top 12 if memory serves me (somebody posted something about this last Fall).

I've been once this year, sat in the cheap seats ($7.00) and had a great time.

FYI- The Raytown South H.S. Boys Swimming & Diving Team has had their end of the season banquet the past 4 years there. Beautiful view, Springtime just two weeks to opening day. We eat in the "Stadium Club" overlooking the 3rd Base foul line.

IF you get a chance to see a ball game at the "K", it's well worth it. Plus it's only 12 minutes from my house. Drop on by my place! :D

Great Pix of you EZ!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

the travel channel had a panel rate the top 5 parks per league. they also spoke about each park unique feature. it was a good show it was hosted by pat sayjack (excuse the spelling on his name).

AL

Fenway Park (history, monster)

Safeco Field (roof and art)

The Ballpark in Arlington (Ameriquest Field) size of park and museum)

Kauffman Stadium (water fountains and at time it was built)

Oriole Park (building in left, babe ruth museum)

NL

Wrigly Field ("purest" baseball field on earth and the ivy)

PNC Park (view the stadium has)

Dodger Stadium (the prescription athletic turf and something else)

Coors Field (altitude and brewery in stadium)

SBC Park (splash landing) i think it was SBC

if i read correctly somewhere bud selig said something about the royals need to move out of kauffman to make more money.

1997 | 2003

bud selig said something about the royals need to move out of kauffman to make more money.

Don't take this personally, Just that Bud can " go suck eggs ", his head is so far up his Ars, that the lump in his throat is his adam's apple.

Bud Selig is wrong - what the Royals need to do is win! That will put $$ back in to the MLB and Kansas City baseball.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

CRAP!! I'm gonna be in KC for a week next week... the whole time, WHOLE time, the royals are gone. the leave the day beore and come back the day after, WEAK. I was so lookin forward to goin to the K when i knew i was comin down sometime this summer.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived