Professional Wiffle Ball League!

flyersfan

I expect this thread to die off shortly, then become a success later on. I'm currently working on the professional Wiffle ball league that I decided I'd attempt, after someone requested it in the think tank thread. As of now, I only have team names. Here is the list. If you think of a better name, please tell me, I was struggling with some teams. Please give c and c of these team names. Once they are finalized I willl get to working on logos and uniforms. Thanks!

wWDhKYw.jpg

The league will be set up in two 25 team divisions, or tiers, with promotion and relegation, which I will discuss later. Similar to European soccer but it will be different!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I really like this idea. I don't think Dukes will work for Albuquerque since it was already a professional minor league baseball team with a long history. I like the name "Soles" for Albuquerque since it is Spanish for Suns and we have a lot of that here. I think it would be pretty nice to see the sketches.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

I really like this idea. I don't think Dukes will work for Albuquerque since it was already a professional minor league baseball team with a long history. I like the name "Soles" for Albuquerque since it is Spanish for Suns and we have a lot of that here. I think it would be pretty nice to see the sketches.

Thanks for telling me. Perfect example. I didn't research the names to see if they were used previously! With "soles" I changed Miami to the "tides" to avoid two teams with the same name

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

None of these are colored, because these are ideas. Colors will be seen later on in the official concepts. Here go a few rough sketches!

New York Kings

3OlDAm1.jpg

Los Angeles Olympians

nsDdTkF.jpg

Chicago Gust

afXNdHF.jpg

Houston astronauts

Xq819Rb.jpg

Philadelphia independents

2GC8NyM.jpg

Phoenix cacti

A4YTx9o.jpg

San Diego surfers

ONKgkXW.jpg

Dallas jets

l8TttkW.jpg

Jacksonville Dolphins

DcQJX01.jpg

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

A couple things. I would HIGHLY recommend typing out all of your team names in the OP because that's easier, and it isn't very legible to those of us in phone right now. Second, what's your idea behind this league? Is it a newly created sport similar to dodgeball/trash can with new names and wild uniforms, or is it a historical league with a few decades of history behind it? I think that'll help justify your names a bit. That'd be a good thing to point out, seeing as this hasn't been done before.

Edit: and JU is nicknamed the Dolphins.

spacer.png

Why is the Denver team called the Gamblers?

Denver had a crime boom back in the day with lots of gambling and bootlegging. So gamblers is what I came up with.

I'm going to start this league off in say "2016" and go historical towards the future.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Would it bother you if I also created a wiffleball thread? I have been thinking about doing this for a while. Mine would be similar but it would be in the Great Plains only. I wouldn't copy off of team names and such.

I'm sorry to say the the Jacksonville Dolphins can't be one of your teams because it's already NCAA Div. 1 Athletic Program. So, instead of you just dealing with the hassle of picking a new team name, I came up with a couple team names for Jacksonville.

Team Names:

Riverdogs

Seawolves (slang for pirate)

Leopards

Would it bother you if I also created a wiffleball thread? I have been thinking about doing this for a while. Mine would be similar but it would be in the Great Plains only. I wouldn't copy off of team names and such.

Go right ahead! I won't stop anyone's concept! And I think I'll go Seawolves for Jacksonville. Once again I didn't research any team names

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Logos are pretty bad... Names are strange too

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I like these type of concepts.

that may motivate me to finally (after 5??? 8?? 10? years...) get a similar type of fictional league for a non-professional league.

As for your concept a couple of comments:

1- None north of 49, Eh???

2- I would locate the teams only in non-MLB cities.

Looking forward to it.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I literally looked at a list of the largest cities. Small towns won't get too much interest, so a big city can offer large support. And I kept this one to the USA. If this is a success I will make a worldwide league, with regions including a Canada league.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I am a huge wiffle ball fan and is one of the greatest memories from my childhood so I am looking forward to this concept. One thing I will add is 1 a league logo and 2 incorporate the iconic wiffle ball in some of these logos. Some of them are good starts, but I was surprised none of them included that unique design of the o so familiar half holed ball.

Archived