Which jersey should i buy?

Puckguy14

There are a couple of stores in my area that are having a buy one, get one half off sale.  A friend wants a Sharks road while I get to pick one for myself.  Help me pick one out.  If you want, give me reason behind your answer.  It can't be "well they'll win the Cup" and "my team is the best."  You get the idea.  Poll will close at 12am Wednesday

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Of the choices you have presented, I have to go with the Wild road sweater because I think it's the most attractive of the lot.  Going off the board, my vote would go with a 1976 Cleveland Barons road sweater or a 1967 Oakland Seals road sweater.  Something tells me those aren't viable options at your local shop, however.

I would consider vintage jerseys (especially when the Vancouver V's come out) but in my area of the Bay Area, (SHB can back me up on this) is not very "hip" to hockey.  Right now its basketball and baseball especially with throwbacks.

I would consider vintage jerseys (especially when the Vancouver V's come out) but in my area of the Bay Area, (SHB can back me up on this) is not very "hip" to hockey.  Right now its basketball and baseball especially with throwbacks.

You'd buy a Vancouver V? Ick.

That's the hockey equivalent to the Houston Astros rainbow pullover thing. Hurl!

But the people at my local store say those are very popular.

there's the River City Sports, there's a place at my mall, and there's a shop that usually has the jerseys on sale at about $60 regularly

I would have to say the SJ third. It is the best third in the league IMO. I know you have spoken out against it though, but I am giving you my oppinion.

Otherwise I would say the LA third. It is also very nice. If you could find last year's with the crown it would be better. They made the right move by putting there crown on the primaries, it's just that the crown is a better logo for all the jerseys.

I would say the sharks third, but I know youre not gonna buy it  :D

so I say go for the ottawa third. dont even entertain the thought of buying that violet rag from LA!  :angry:

what store is this by the way? just curious, because I would like to know if they have any bruins, habs, or blackhawks jerseys. Im reluctant to get jerseys other then the sharks now because I dont want to be accused of being a confused fan  :;):

I voted for the Sens third because, although the cuffs are big, it is overall the nicest!  The Leafs are nice jerseys, but I hate the silver, there is no explainable need for it or even the TML logo.  I became disheartened that the leading vot getter is Wild road jersey, which, in my opinion is the ugliest jersey in the league, even uglier than Nashville's third and Boston's third.  Only the players look good wearing it and only with the full uniform.  So people were probably joking.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

BTW, I'm not being a confused fan.  I have my Puckguy current style white jersey with an 'A' (because I respected Nolan as the captain), Nike deep teal third jersey (replica and authentic), two autographed jerseys, my first Sharks jersey (size Men's S), Sharks clinic jersey.  I have my fair share of Sharks jerseys.

Anyways, I'm suprised at the variety of votes so far.  I knew Minny, the Leafs, and the Sens would be in the running.  Also, a little disappointed with the 'nucks.  I didn't know you guys hated gradients SO much.  And what's with this talk that their thirds are going away?

Also, the stores:

Just Sports USA, Sunvalley Mall, Concord, CA

*Buy One Get One Half Off

Note: Have some authentic Minnesota Wild, San Jose; sale is on everything in the store

Just Hats, Sunvalley Mall, Concord, CA

*Buy 1, Get 1 Half off

Note: Have Nolan jerseys at $75 (leave one XL for me please); sale includes everything

River City Sports & rivercitysports.com

*BOGO 1/2off

Note: Includes personalized jerseys pro or replica

Hockey X-Sport, Oakland,CA

*$65 for jerseys (lowest in the East Bay)

Note: Get a $10-15 membership and get 10% off everything

speaking of the Wild, did anyone read the article that Mark Kiszla, who is a writer for the Denver Post, wrote?

If not, here is the link...

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories....00.html

Gee, no bias there?  There's Minnesota's bulletin board material right there.  It also reminds me of a similar article in Detroit back in 1994.  I believe they were playing a team that also was making it's playoff debut.  Gee, I wonder what happened then?   :D  :D  :D  :D

I voted for the Ottawa third for the exact same reason as Roger. I have mine already, and although RCS, which is offering this buy one, get one half price sale, is only 2 blocks or so away from my house (yeah, the original one), I have no jerseys (outside of a bigger Avs white jersey -- bought it 6 yrs ago and I've finally officially outgrown it!) that I want. Buying one doesn't make it worth my while, and I'm asking for it for my birthday anyway.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Let me clarify that.  Until the season is over I am using these terms:

Home jersey - white jersey

Road jersey - dark jersey

Archived