MLB One Jersey 2 Hats

Baseballfan

Hey everyone I wanted to start a topic about how many MLB teams wear the same jersey but switch hats as an alternate or regularly. I for one like that teams do this. An example is how the Astros sometimes wear their orange hats with the home whites on Sunday instead of their navy caps which they usually pair with the home whites. What other teams do this or used to do this that you guys can think of?

2rhu4wn.png5zip.png28meq29.gif

pMLB2-18880878reg.jpg

I've always thought this as one of the baddest cap/uniform trait ever from all sports. Alas, I've even seen online some Tigers fans don't even love it??

It's such a small thing, yet it looks so cool. I grew up through a lot of Jays-Tigers wars.

Toronto btw kept the white panels at home through 1992, after introducing road blues in 1989. I for one am glad the white panels are gone.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

The Tigers don't do it. That cap is worn with the road jerseys.

The Marlins only did it a few times but they've worn their red-orange caps with their white jerseys.

As said above Houston and st Louis are the other two I remember off the top of my head. That might be all of them.

The Nats when they wear their red alt jersey at home they wear their red alt cap and on the road they use their regular road navy cap. The Marlins when they wear their orange alt jerseys will sometimes wear their reg black cap and sometimes wear their DE alt cap. The Rangers will sometimes wear their red caps and sometimes their blue caps with their home jersey. The Cardinals with their road jersey, will usually wear the red caps but willsometimes still use the navy caps. IMO the Cards should be using their navy caps for each road game.

The Giants used to wear the orange-billed hats with their normal home unis on Sundays, but it seems like they're fading that look out this year. They also did it with their road jerseys until 2012, when they introduced a road alt jersey for Sundays.

Archived