Las Vegas Scorpions (NHL expansion identity) update 12/8/15

Christian Legault

Las Vegas Announced 6 possible team names that they will let fans vote on. Silver BUllets was not included so I had to create a new concept for the team. I chose scorpions.

Here it is:

lvscorpions_zpsgdxn0itg.png

lvscorpionssheet_zpsf1qsjiuu.png

Jerseys will come soon after I get some feedback

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Solid start. I'd like to see the jerseys first before I make a full decision on this set.

And where are the list of the 6 team names? I can't find them anywhere? Thanks.

RoughRider...Although the official "VegasWantsHockey" group featured this poll on their website, the list was actually a collection of suggestions put forward by the Las Vegas Sun.

You can find the list and vote on your favourite here...LAS VEGAS NHL TEAM NAMES.

The options were...Aces...Black Knights...Scorpions...Mustangs...Miners...Monsoon(?)

"Scorpions" are, right now, a solid 3rd in popularity.

Christian...Great look!

Solid start. I'd like to see the jerseys first before I make a full decision on this set.

And where are the list of the 6 team names? I can't find them anywhere? Thanks.

RoughRider...Although the official "VegasWantsHockey" group featured this poll on their website, the list was actually a collection of suggestions put forward by the Las Vegas Sun.

You can find the list and vote on your favourite here...LAS VEGAS NHL TEAM NAMES.

The options were...Aces...Black Knights...Scorpions...Mustangs...Miners...Monsoon(?)

"Scorpions" are, right now, a solid 3rd in popularity.

Christian...Great look!

Thanks sparky, the reason I went with scorpion is because there are quite a few concepts for the top two names, including yours. So I went with scorpions.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Good start, but I would change the scorpion, it kinda looks off.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I initially didn't like the name, but seeing this concept I may have changed my opinion. Love the orange and black, although its kinda ripping off the ducks a little. I wonder if you could do black and yellow and see how it looks? Or orange and something else? Just a thought. Either way, they look pretty sharp.

Personally I'm not a fan of having the name in the logo, so I think I'd have the secondary as the primary, but thats just me being picky.

Overall, solid.

I hope scorpions win the vote. It has a ton of potential, identity wise, and there aren't enough arachnid-related sports monickers and if Aces does win, it will be a tremendous disappointment, IMO. Before I knew a poll was up, my personal picks would have been scorpions, sidewinders or Mirage.

on topic, your logo has a great start and a lot of promise, but still isnt quite there. For lack of a better phrase, it could use some "toughening up"

~UJ

The logo looks great! Word mark and everything!

I can't wait for the uniforms, to make my full rendering on the set but it's a great start.

I have a suggestion, though, is to add another colour, like cactus green or sunset gold to reflect the Las Vegas landscape. I think that would complete the look.

Great work as always, Christian!

TWolf

i'm a big fan of the name scorpions, and i really like the direction of this logo.

my critiques:

i like the pose of the scorpion, but for some reason it's torso and head look more like a crawfish to me than a scorpion.

i really don't like the top-heavy S. I'd consider switching up the font entirely to something more edgey and sharp. less smooth and round.

i'd also suggest a color scheme closer to the bure/maclean/ronning-era canucks, maybe with a darker and more copper/orangey red tone. maybe similar to the horse-head flames era colors, too.

overall, it is a really fantastic start. i just think it is overall too passive in appearance and muted in color. i'm not suggesting putting a menacing snarl for a mouth, like an ECHL logo or anything... but scorpions are dangerous little dudes. they can kill. i'd give it a little more edge and aggressiveness.

I'd love to see it in a yellow-green neon colour, sort of like monster energy drink/yellow gatorade colours. Very "poison" coloured, I think it would work well with the scorpions concept. Although I guess the owner stated black gold and grey, so perhaps not. Still, I'd love to just see it.

Archived