NFL Uni-Redesign - (32/32) *Vikings and Warriors*

SydniT23

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAMS--I like the new home uniform you came up with for them. (By the way, it looks almost identical to my home uniform concept for the Rams.) I would eliminate the blue pants and just have gold pants on the road as well as at home. For the alternate I would just make it an early '50s throwback. To do that I would widen the horns on the helmet, put the blue Northwestern stripes on both sleeves, and give them white pants with blue-gold-blue striping down the sides. Also I would go with white socks with solid blue tops for all three uniforms.

SAINTS--I am not a fan of either of these uniforms for them. And the Mardi Gras uniform is way too gaudy. Also it goes against the idea of each team having its own color scheme. Also by putting a wide black stripe down the middle of the helmet it looks too much like the redesign you did for Oakland.

SEAHAWKS--I think the Seahawks' uniforms would look better if they just (1) changed the helmets back to silver, (2) went with silver-gray pants only, both at home and on the road, (3) eliminated the gray jersey (if you want to give them a third uniform I would go with a throwback to their first year, 1976), (4) eliminate the embossed feathers from the helmet and from the jerseys, and (5) get rid of the feathers down the sides of the pants and just have one slightly elongated feather at the top of the stripe.

Also I do not like the black pants for the Raiders, home or road. Sorry.

Also, what's up with using the same sock template for each team? Plus all of the socks should be white at the bottom, regardless of team.

The template's not that detailed. It was made for college or really any non pro teams so the socks aren't an NFL template, just a Nike template. I have really just been trying to focus on the main uniform design and just coloring the socks, gloves, and undershirts to match.

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

Rams and Saints looking as they should in real life. Great work.

Hey if you're going alphabetical, you missed the Redskins! :)

I just realized that I skipped the Rams with the Ravens so they're just gonna be in this post with the Saints and Seahawks. And don't worry, I didn't skip the Redskins, they just went through a name change ;) .

:)

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

Blah!

Don't worry it's a name change that make sense! Same identity, same traditions, just a different name. Because I mean c'mon, Redskins? That's literally classifying a whole group of people by the color of their skin. I feel like America has had a problem with this before? Eh.. maybe not. ;)

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

Alright looks like it's time for the next 3 sets! Here are the Steelers, Texans, and Titans!

Steelers:

The Steelers have a classic look and there really wasn't much to change so my only fixes were fitting the sleeves stripes to the template, new number font, and a grey alt because you know...how like...steel...is like...grey...

IBpAUFF.jpgdoQwTin.jpgukkHLxJ.jpg

Texans:

The Texans current look is pretty generic so I added some identity to their set. My changes include a white helmet because the logo fits better on a white shell, Shoulder design to match the logo, and Texas flag pants stripes because they're the Texans.

tZKaMTN.jpgf9Wbs0o.jpgwcj6O8Y.jpg

Titans:

The basic design of the Titans uniforms are very unique and modern so I just added to it. The changes I made include striping changes on the helmets and pants to match the logo and identity and altered the shoulder stripes to match the style of the rest of the uniform.

dQ4Jtkw.jpgbIQmnzu.jpgfGu6IIT.jpg

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

re: Redskins--As long as you keep the burgundy-and-gold color scheme, okay. On my own NFL Uniform Conceptualizations, I suggested the Redskins could change their name to "Braves," because (1) the term "Brave" is, I think (I hope!) more respectful to Native Americans, (2) "Brave" can apply to any group of people--it is not ethnicity-specific, (3) it also can evoke and honor those who have defended this country and what it stands for, and (4) the team was originally named the Braves anyway. And all they have to do is change the name--the helmet logo and uniforms can stay the same.

Now, on to your latest:

STEELERS--I do not like the gray alternate jerseys. For one, the Steelers' colors have always been black and gold, and those colors are enough. Not only that, I do not care for any light-colored jerseys with dark numerals, not for the NFL anyway. It works well for other sports, just not football. Personally I would go with a throwback uniform for the Steelers, and that one would be their 1967 gold-shouldered jerseys. Everything else can remain the same, as they wore the same pants, socks, and helmets (they just had unpainted gray facemasks, which look better on their helmets than the black facemasks do, in my opinion) in 1967. I also would keep the sleeve stripes on their home and road jerseys the same as they are now and I would return to the block numbers they wore on their jerseys from 1968-96.

TEXANS--The Texas flag stripe motif down the sides of their pants looks nice (though I'm sure Cowboy fans would be a bit annoyed with the Texans going even further out of their way visually to represent the entire state of Texas--oh well, that just adds to their rivalry). I'm not a big fan of a white helmet for the Texans and I think they look better in their current navy blue headgear. I also am not that big on the numerical font you came up with, and if you're going to give them a red alternate jersey, I would suggest white numbers outlined in navy, as such numbers would be a lot more visible from the stands and on TV, and also white pants instead of navy pants. Red jerseys and navy pants would just look too busy, plus on NFL uniforms, colored jerseys should always be darker that the pants that are worn with them.

TITANS--I see you basically left their uniforms alone. (So did I on my conceptualizations; I did change their helmet to Columbia blue.) The elongated triangular two-tone striping down the middle of their helmet and down the sides of their pants looks interesting but more traditional "all-the-way" striping would work better, I think. I don't know about the two-tone stripe look; it looks a little too much like the Redskins' uniforms since 1979. And (I hate to say it but) you already know how I feel about the monochrome home uniforms. White pants with both blue jerseys would look a lot nicer. I am okay with the road uniform you did, which is what they wear already.

Hey sorry guys I was gone the past few nights but I'm back now and it's time for the last two teams! Her's the Vikings and the Warriors!

Vikings:

I think nike did a great job when redesigning the Vikings so they only needed small changes. The changes I made include number outlines, purple face masks with the same finish as the shell, and pants stripes to match the sleeve stripes. Plus a pointless recolor alt or fun.

qcmMxnD.jpgB2Px0zG.jpgvYDcgHU.jpg

Warriors:

Big changes here for Washington! I went with the name change because I felt they needed it but I made sure to keep a similar identity and the traditions of the team. I went with the arrows for the helmet decals, new number font, war paint sleeve stripes, and pants stripes to match.

5ZFrxEi.jpgLoF16gX.jpgXWaAYcj.jpg

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

Not a fan of the vikings yellow alt but good for you experimenting if it could work. I LOVE those war paint shoulder stripes on Washington, that's a really unique touch. The font works fine for the numbers but I think it should be different for the nameplate. Not big on that W logo but I guess if it only appears on the gloves then whatever. Solid work

x1elJNM.jpg

Props on the Washington concept for changing the name and making a very nice/traditionalist uniform to go along, and even though i shouldn't, i like the Vikings alt.

If you plan on updating the uniforms, here's my advice for Denver: try changing the Broncos to a block-style number font like what you have with Indy and Washington. it fits their personality so much better than the rounded font they have now. i really like what you did with the shoulder stripes, so keep that up. i also think most Broncos fans would like a return to the D logo, as long as it's pulled off well. finally, try reversing the number colors on the alternate. imo it makes that jersey 1000% better.

if you don't plan on updates, i cannot find a bad uniform among all of your concepts. really nice work, and hopefully you can do more concepts here

colorado_jonas_sig_by_verasthebrujah-d9pt2sl.jpg.6a5f5d5469d9aee56cb75c7776d95240.jpg

9sa7mHv.gif

Okay, here's my latest input:

VIKINGS--except for the gold jerseys, I can very well live with your tweaks to the Vikings' uniforms. (Parenthetically, they're similar to my tweaking of their uniforms, and I even did their socks for them. :) )

WARRIORS--I like the name change (I thought of "Warriors" myself before I opted for "Braves") and the home and road uniforms. I can't say I'm 100% on board with your numerical and lettering fonts, but I can live with them. Instead of an alternate, I would go with a 1980s throwback for the Warriors, with the white jerseys and burgundy trousers. That's only because I do not like monochrome uniforms for NFL teams.

Archived