NFL Uni-Redesign - (32/32) *Vikings and Warriors*

SydniT23

Yea, the Redskins set is my favorite thus far. I think it could be greatly improved by using a different font, though.

I can see why that font was used, but it clashes a bit with the war paint stripes. The font is giving me more of a "medieval warrior" vibe than that of a "Native American warrior."

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey sorry guys I was gone the past few nights but I'm back now and it's time for the last two teams! Her's the Vikings and the Warriors!

Vikings:

I think nike did a great job when redesigning the Vikings so they only needed small changes. The changes I made include number outlines, purple face masks with the same finish as the shell, and pants stripes to match the sleeve stripes. Plus a pointless recolor alt or fun.

qcmMxnD.jpgB2Px0zG.jpgvYDcgHU.jpg

Warriors:

Big changes here for Washington! I went with the name change because I felt they needed it but I made sure to keep a similar identity and the traditions of the team. I went with the arrows for the helmet decals, new number font, war paint sleeve stripes, and pants stripes to match.

5ZFrxEi.jpgLoF16gX.jpgXWaAYcj.jpg

LOVE the warpaint for stripes and the spear helmet in modern colors that you used for the Redskins. Great job.

The Steelers look incredible too, the number font and gray additions work perfectly.

Texans always look great in a white helmet...they should have stuck with their original idea of that.

87Redskins.png

I might be a bit late for the party, but please, please, PLEASE could you fix the yolk of the Packers' alt. No 1940's throwback for the Packers have had a historically accurate yolk, and unfortunately this is no exception. The yolk of the Packers uni shouldn't be that big and shouldn't extend all the way down the sleeve.

Lambeau_Hutson_preview.jpg

Well, for the sake of the concept, it does look fairly modernized, so if you don't change it I won't be offended, but I always hated the inaccuracies of their "new" throwbacks (They had them in 1994, as well).

EDIT: Oh, and give them some yellow pants, if you want to be even more historically accurate as seen above.

Sorry for the rant, but I have to when it's my team we're dealing with here; you understand.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

That Rams home set is perfect, exactly what I would do for them.

I think the Yellow pants should carry over to the away set and maybe give them a set of white pants for the alternate yellow top.

Also, widen the helmet horns on all sets. The horn has simply become too thin.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

• 1 month later...

Overall I think your updates are pretty good. I personally would suggest the Ravens flag motif be actual Maryland flag colors instead of replacing the black with purple. Look at the University of Maryland for inspiration. As for the Warriors, I think the number and nameplate needs a new typeface. It doesn't quite match what I expect. Also I can't say I'm a big fan of the old 80s Jets logo on the helmet. Keep the current "old" Jets logo or utilize that NY logo they have on hats.

As I said, I think many of your updates are good decisions and the NFL could learn a thing or two from what the NCAA does. On a side note, I hate the current Patriots logo. Your uniforms for New England are awesome. Maybe try creating a new logo or even bring back the old colonial hat helmets with the numbers on them. I've always thought they looked classy. Just my opinion.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I might be a bit late for the party, but please, please, PLEASE could you fix the yolk of the Packers' alt. No 1940's throwback for the Packers have had a historically accurate yolk, and unfortunately this is no exception. The yolk of the Packers uni shouldn't be that big and shouldn't extend all the way down the sleeve.

Lambeau_Hutson_preview.jpg

Well, for the sake of the concept, it does look fairly modernized, so if you don't change it I won't be offended, but I always hated the inaccuracies of their "new" throwbacks (They had them in 1994, as well).

EDIT: Oh, and give them some yellow pants, if you want to be even more historically accurate as seen above.

Sorry for the rant, but I have to when it's my team we're dealing with here; you understand.

I see what you are saying, but from my standpoint, they are somewhat accurate in terms of length. It just looks different with the modern cuts:

Packers-Throwbacks-2.png

Now, I do believe it is inaccurate with the shape of the yoke. It's supposed to round off, not abruptly stop on the end of the sleeve. Of course, this is just what I see from the accuracies of this uniform.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if this throwback was based exactly off the original, it probably would look pretty... revolting, at least on a modern template. I think that is why the altered the appearance and accurateness of the uniform.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I really like a lot of what you've done here.. Jets may be my favorite.. One general critique - use only WHITE, silver, or yellow/gold numbers on colored jerseys (preferably white).. Seems silly, but it makes a huge difference, especially in real life, on-field uniforms.. It's easy to throw team colors in as number colors for concepts, but in reality, they never look good.. White is almost always the best option on colored jerseys (ask the browns' coaches)

Archived