Danger Creative

raysox

So for almost 2 years, I've been using a structured Michael Taylor Design logo. I think it's one of my longest lasting personal logos. It's the MT logo in a hexagon that I put on my concepts from time to time. The thing is, my name is generic as hell. The name is clunky, and long. So I wanted to change.

For about 5 years, my tumblr has been michael-danger. That url I threw together when a friend made me make a blog has spawned into it's own thing. So now all my social media accounts fall under the Michael Danger umbrella. So Danger felt like something I could spin off of.

I had the idea to redo my design brand a while ago, but never went through with the design. Then I started thinking about the word Danger in black on light colored backgrounds. So from there, I kept going and going. Started sketching, and made this today. So I wanted some input on my new personal logo before I completely went ahead with it.

CN8YpiXWEAASx-9.png

I think the wordmark looks good. How you've placed "creative" is a bit clumsy though; its tight to the G but has some odd space to the rest of the letters.

To position each word the same way and find a better balance of space, you could make each letter in Danger a capital letter. But, that wouldnt be my first choice because i like the wordmark you have now

What i would suggest is just dropping "creative" from the logo. You can still use Danger Creative in urls and usernames, it doesn't have to be part of your logo. It never was in the one before (just your initials)

I do like a "laser lime" as much as anyone, but something about that color here makes the mark feel cheap. I would look at something a bit more subtle.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think you can be playing off angles more.

The bottom of the D slants up, and so does "anger", but not at the same angle.

The tops of the letters seem a little off as well, maybe it's an illusion.

The other thing is the name itself...between this and the D icon, nothing really says "Danger". To me, a Danger icon would be a rounded triangle with another symbol inside. Emphasize an icon or symbol over typography, and it will allow you more flexibility.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived