Saintsfan's newest challenge

Saintsfan

Saintsfan- So you are new thew temp, for while snivelling assistant is away on holiday!

Temp- yeah, I read the instructions. I read the instructions left for me. Not sure I understood the instructions for the time machine quite right though!

Saintsfan- well lets have a look at the read out. Hmm ... okay... so far so good... WHAT THE :censored:!!!! Well this is a disgrace.

temp- huh?

Saintsfan- well sportsfans, this weeks saintsfan challenge, according to this read out, is to design a uniform for the Denver Nuggets as a 1970s NHL team.

temp- well this coukld be interesting- are people gonna back date the cutrrent unis to a 70s look, or just crossover a 1970s retro nuggets look. Lots of choice availbale!!

Saintsfan- hmm you could be right, we may just be able to work this :censored: up!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using Logos and Colors of today. The home (white) was somewhat inspired by the "V" Canucks jersey in that the main logo is on the sleve.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

here you go:....

nugs.gif

Interesting concept--but I'd say that's more 80's (early)--and more European--but then I don't think he specified NHL...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Using Logos and Colors of today. The home (white) was somewhat inspired by the "V" Canucks jersey in that the main logo is on the sleve.

Nugs.gif

In the 70's it would have been eceedingly rare for the home & away unis not to match more--the only variations were ones of striping, not logos...

Again just my input...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The Denver Nuggets  as if they were a 1970s NHL team

He did specify. I hope to see a bunch more people try this challenge. Good idea Saintsfan, i love doing the retro stuff.

Oops---

And as for the first one posted---I think EZ Street nailed it, take it from someone who was there--this is very 70's and a step above the WHA's unis...

honestly it's modeled after the Colorado Rockies (NHL) and Kansas City Scouts, who of course where the same franchise. I didn't want a rip-off of the Rockies unis, so i did it similar to KC's. They didn't do too many "Fancy" jersey styles back then. The stripes where the part that set jerseys apart rather than overall style.

honestly it's modeled after the Colorado Rockies (NHL) and Kansas City Scouts, who of course where the same franchise. I didn't want a rip-off of the Rockies unis, so i did it similar to KC's. They didn't do too many "Fancy" jersey styles back then. The stripes where the part that set jerseys apart rather than overall style.

See you did nail the 70's look--and now you have confirmed why--eevryone thinks gaudy clothes in the 70's, well that happened in some leagues, but the NHL did 60's style gaudy, not 70's (MLB on the other hand...)

temp- so in the instructions here, rather than just saying bump, we should have some kind of witty dialog and make some comment about the entries so far!

Saintsfan- thats right, just so people don't just think we are bumping to keeop interest in the contest high!

temp- ah i see! Well EZ street got us of to a good start!

Saintsfan- yes we have had an interesting mix so far of people using todays Nuggets logos and colors and people using the 70s look and crossing over. It would be interesting to see someone trying to cross the rainbow jersey over into a 70s ish hockey jersy (although the rainbows were more associated with the 80s, any of the Nuggets various looks is fair game to crossover!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

here you go:....

nugs.gif

With all the funky colors, it looks 70sish to me... With that said, that's one of the more "unique" things I've seen :D

70's MLB yes, 70's NHL, no...

For reference check out the 70's on nhluniforms.com

This thread is missing something. I can't quite put my finger on it... Oh, yeah, WHEN'S THE DEADLINE?!? :shocked:

temp- man moh man, the boss os gonna kill me! I forgot a deadline!

Saintsfan- Oh temp person, did SA explain our deadline policy?

Temp- erm, n no he didn't!!

Saintsfan- Ahhh! Well That will be because we don't reallyhave one!

Temp- so do we need a deadline?

Saintsfan- well I guess seens as people are asking about it! We'll say 9am BST (about 4 AM EST I believe!!) on Monday 26th July!

Temp- Ah good thinking!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived