New Manchester CIty FC logo

Wgeddes122

I heard Man city are reaching out to fans about changing the logo, this gave me an idea to create my own new logo for the club. the look I went for was a combo of the current logo and the previous roundel logo without the eagle. I wanted to create a cool look that took the best of the two. Let me know what you think. I have included the two older logos on the left along with my new logo on the right

USWrIhV.jpg

I would just ditch the stars honestly. I looked into it and they don't really mean anything, it's just a "design element. In a sport where teams use stars to symbolize/celebrate championships, they shouldn't just put stars above their badge just for the hell of it. If it did symbolize something I'd be fine with it but since it doesn't I would just get rid of them all together.

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

I am very against Man City changing their crest b/c top to bottom they have one of, if not the, best looks in the league. However this update is absolutely brilliant. Well done sir.

spacer.png

I am very against Man City changing their crest b/c top to bottom they have one of, if not the, best looks in the league. However this update is absolutely brilliant. Well done sir.

thank, you for the compliment. Although I do have to politely disagree, I think changing the logo would be good to go back to a more classic logo the current one is very out of place in the history of the teams crest, I think a combo of the two works better

here is an update, I just added a 4th star to represent the 4 top flight titles

VMeoAMj.jpg

I'm not entirely sure if this is a response to my comment earlier but either way, if you are going to try and make the stars mean something, make it for the highest possible championship they can earn, which would be the FIFA club world cup. having stars with the number of domestic championships will eventually get cluttered, just look at the LA Galaxy, they have just an obnoxious amount of stars above their badge.

This by the way has nothing to do with your design, it is a really good concept although I would hate to see the eagle leave the badge. Maybe try to mix in some navy blue as well, they've worn it on their jerseys in the past, perhaps instead of a black outline it could be navy.

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

I'm not entirely sure if this is a response to my comment earlier but either way, if you are going to try and make the stars mean something, make it for the highest possible championship they can earn, which would be the FIFA club world cup. having stars with the number of domestic championships will eventually get cluttered, just look at the LA Galaxy, they have just an obnoxious amount of stars above their badge.

This by the way has nothing to do with your design, it is a really good concept although I would hate to see the eagle leave the badge. Maybe try to mix in some navy blue as well, they've worn it on their jerseys in the past, perhaps instead of a black outline it could be navy.

Yes it was a response. Ok and to settle the whole stars thing. are put above crests by the teams and can represent certain trophies or a certain number of trophies ok, so 4 stars for 4 top flight english titles because thats the highest trophy they have won. and the club world cup is not the highest honor, not even close, that's not something teams have at the top of their list, for european clubs the champions league is probably the highest. Also stars almost never represent any trophies other than domestic trophies, teams don't typically put stars for international trophies. The 4 stars are there and they are staying there. This whole future thing about it will eventually get cluttered is also crap, leagues have different rules, a lot of the times stars represent several trophies. so thats it I don't want to have anymore comments about the stars.

As for the other comments, no eagle, why because they only adopted the eagle in 1997 with the current crest, the whole idea is that people want to see a more traditional look which was the point of the concept, something that is traditional but still modern so no eagle

No navy blue because it has never been a color used in their crest's, yes they wear it in their kits but it has never been in the crest, the dark color in the crest has been black. the idea of putting navy blue in the crest for man city would be the same as if I decided to put blue in the man u logo, because "oh they wear that color sometimes". stupid

• 2 weeks later...

Here another logo I came up with. I would like to get more C&C. I wanted to go with a simple look, for the previous logo I think I got to close to the old logo which was never able to be copyrighted, so I went with something more similar to the current logo. Changes I made are the shape of the shield, the font, the eagle and the rose and stars at the bottom

2wgH2VU.jpg

Yeah I really like their old one but the one on the right is pretty sharp. Not sure if I would change anything to be honest. Perhaps the boat could be redone, I've always thought it looked a little wonky, but yea other than that it looks great.

Oh and as far as then new one you put up, I think I might make the eagle a tad bigger in relation to everything else, but its a nice update on the original concept overall.

Archived