Early NBA League Logo?

neo_prankster

I came across a referee jersey worn by longtime NBA ref Norm Drucker on a memorabilia auction page known as Albersheim's.

2419b_lg.jpeg

Of course, the NBA refs had the black and white stripes in the beginning. By the way, how long ago did the NBA start dressing the officials in gray shirts?

Also, I am wondering if the NBA emblem shown here was the league's official logo before Jerry West.

So what would it take for us to consider this a real logo? Reproduction in another medium somewhere?

And yeah, I'm also interested in when they switched to gray shirts and why. Vertical black and white stripes is the standard for referees; I could understand them adopting their own aesthetic from the beginning but surprised they would begin with it and move away.

So what would it take for us to consider this a real logo? Reproduction in another medium somewhere?

And yeah, I'm also interested in when they switched to gray shirts and why. Vertical black and white stripes is the standard for referees; I could understand them adopting their own aesthetic from the beginning but surprised they would begin with it and move away.

Especially with the refs adopting an alternate jersey this year because so many teams have GFGS uniforms now.

Archived