NHL Redesign - No More White! **Leafs, Canucks, Capitals & Jets Added** (30/30

CanucksBrad

Well no comments on the Bruins I'm gonna assume everyone is in awe of how good it looks.

4/30

ghfUDp6.png

Much like the B's, kept it pretty simple for Buffalo. The alternate is a nod to the Hasek era Sabres who reached the Stanley Cup Finals the only time in franchise history.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post more, but I think I should warn everyone that a handful of teams have decided to go with rather "out there" alternate uniforms. A few teams attempt a "cult classic" jersey much like St. Louis, Anaheim, Los Angeles and Phoenix did in the 90's. I warning you now, so don't say I didn't later. One of such examples will be posted tomorrow.

ANA - Lose the ghost yoke

AZ - Darken the sand, add a hem stripe. On the alternate I'd use a different logo, most likely the "A" paw. The moonpuck looks goofy.

BOS - =D

BUF - Lose the chest numbers. Especially on such an old team it looks goofy. Sure for the Captain it provides some balance, but the rest of the roster doesn't have that benefit.

Looking forward to the rest! My suggestion for Toronto/Detroit would be to break your one rule. Either have one jersey only (ala Cowboys) or allow them to wear white. Chicago and NYR, who have beautiful white jerseys, could fall into here too. Other idea is to use "vintage white" as a cop out.

qtOnrJr.png

Thanks for the input!

Anaheim and Buffalo, I wanted to keep their design as close to their current as possible. Remember only some teams decided to use this new rule to make changes to their primary set.

Arizona, I didn't want to darken it too much to keep it somewhat close to their current scheme. I might try it a little darker though. As for a bottom stripe, I felt that sleeve stripes with a horizontal bottom stripe is a little overused in the league today, so I am trying to stray from that a little more. The real life Coyotes haven't used one since 2007.

Boston is one of my favorites in the whole project, I agree. :)

I love the Bruins alternate! Really nice work with them.

Also, the Sabres look good. I would honestly keep the Buffalo head logo, as I like the way it looks and the splash of color it brings. IMO, though, up to you.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

there lots of white. point doing this so there no white in the jersey. if that was just a tile for people to the same old jersey thread again boring.

For the second time, it doesn't mean no white allowed for trim and accents. But all jerseys must have the main colour other than white. I thought it was kinda self-explanatory.

Anyways, Calgary will be posted soon. And don't say I didn't warn you, the alternate is a little crazy.

5/30

pe9dQ8A.png

I have to admit I struggled with the Flames. If I used their current main jersey, it lends itself to an easy red and black set. However I do not like their current uniforms, and the classic ones they use as an alternate now are much better. I am still not all that happy with the Black, since it looks a little too much like 90's Canucks jerseys, something Flames fans might not appreciate. But I wasn't quite sure how else to do it. This is one that I am open to a lot of input on.

As for the alternate, I think it kinda speaks for itself. Many won't like it, but like I mentioned a handful of teams are going to attempt some really out there jerseys.

6/30

QvbhtrU.png

Carolina was a pretty easy design for me. I took the best parts of every jersey they've had. The flag logo is their best by far and I brought back the red and black squares on the sleeves and added them to the bottom stripe.

For the alternate, I struggled to think of something unique. So I tried the same stripe but as a chest stripe, and have mixed thoughts on how it worked out. Let me know if you have any thoughts to improve this design.

there lots of white. point doing this so there no white in the jersey. if that was just a tile for people to the same old jersey thread again boring.

The teams are not to have white road jerseys. That's the goal for this.

still misleading tiltle

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Archived