NFL Fields - 2024 UFL Fields

pitt6pack

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Playoffs, 1993 Browns, 2001 Playoffs

Finishing up the 2001 playoffs fields that I had not done already

Packers Wild Card

GB_2001%5Ewc.png

Bears Divisional

CHI_2001%5Ediv.png

Patriots Divisional (Tuck Rule Game)

NE_2001%5Ediv.png

And because the field can't actually be seen, this is the field without snow

hqDWdBT.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • LOL 2

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Playoffs, 1993 Browns, 2000-2001 Playoffs

Finishing up the last 5 fields for the 2000 playoffs

Crazy just how much more interesting NFL fields used to be.

Wild Card

Dolphins

MIA_2000%5Ewc.png

Saints

NO_2000%5Ewc.png

Ravens

BAL_2000%5Ewc.png

Eagles

PHI_2000%5Ewc.png

Divisional

Vikings

MIN_2000%5Ediv.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Luigi74 said:

That Dolphins field is way too busy, no need for the NFL Playoffs logos when there's the Wild Card logos. Also, love that you added the baseball cutouts at the Vet and Metro Dome.

Yeah, the infamous cut outs that led to a preseason game being canceled towards the Eagles' last seasons at the Vet.

5 hours ago, Luigi74 said:

That Dolphins field is way too busy, no need for the NFL Playoffs logos when there's the Wild Card logos. Also, love that you added the baseball cutouts at the Vet and Metro Dome.

Dolphins may have been painting over advertisers for the Orange Bowl game that was likely played a week or so before the playoffs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Dolphins may have been painting over advertisers for the Orange Bowl game that was likely played a week or so before the playoffs.

This is likely it. If you look at video of the game, you can see text in the endzone under the blue paint from the orange bowl. Also why the Dolphins midfield logo is so large (don't think I've ever seen it that large on the field before)

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Playoffs, 1999-2001 Playoffs
1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

Here's a couple of examples of the Jaguars doing the same thing, covering Bowl advertisers and logos, but in a worse way

JAX_1998%5Ewc.png

JAX_1999%5E6.png

And then a better way more recently in 2020

JAX_2020%5E4.png

• Like 2

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Playoffs, 1998-2001 Playoffs

Finishing up the 1998 playoffs

Falcons Divisional

One thing of note; the NFC logos appear to be re-used from the Cowboys endzone in Super Bowl XXVIII, as they are the same shape and size.

ATL_1998%5Ediv.png

Vikings Divisional

MIN_1998%5Ediv.png

Broncos Divisional and Conference Championship

DEN_1998%5Ediv.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Playoffs, 1997-2001 Playoffs
On 1/27/2023 at 5:58 PM, pitt6pack said:

Here's a couple of examples of the Jaguars doing the same thing, covering Bowl advertisers and logos, but in a worse way

JAX_1998%5Ewc.png

JAX_1999%5E6.png

And then a better way more recently in 2020

JAX_2020%5E4.png

Do you know the reasons for the black boxes between the 20 and 30-yard line? I don't think I've seen that before...

Edit: I just realized it's probably the sponsors...

Edited by GrayJ12

rAUPGPZ.png

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Playoffs, 1995-2001 Playoffs

@pitt6pack I found some video to help you for that 2000 field.

Here's a highlight package for the game itself where you can see the underneath endzones bleeding through. Here's the full bowl game, which was the 2000 MicronPC.com Bowl Game between NC State and Minnesota. Looks like that one was played on Thursday and the playoff game was on Saturday, so a quick turnaround there. Philip Rivers was the MVP of that one. If you're looking to update that Dolphins one, this should give you enough to know what the underneath design was. 

• 7 months later...

2023 Kickoff Weekend

We will have one new field with the Jets tonight, but here are the new fields for 2023 from this past weekend.

Cleveland

Minor change for the Browns from last season. The helmet logo in the endzone has been changed to be the actual team logo version, with the slightly angled side view, as opposed to the full side view helmet logo.

CLE_2023%5E1.png

Minnesota

The Vikings added some throwback style stripes to the endzones. I was surprised by the Viking logo they chose to go with, which is pretty much the same as what they used in week 16 last season, with the addition of a yellow outline to the white and purple logo.

MIN_2023%5E1.png

Denver

The Broncos removed the logos from the endzones, and are now using a slightly larger version of the wordmark, which is now centered.

DEN_2023%5E1.png

New England

Very small change for the Patriots, who updated the endzones, by moving the Patriot logo up into the wordmark, as it looks on the Patriots official wordmark.

NE_2023%5E1.png

New York Giants

Lastly, we have the Giants, who have placed the team logo at midfield. The endzones also received minor updates. The endzone paint stops one foot short, creating an unpainted boarder around the endzone. The NY logos in the endzones now have not red outline. One other interesting note: the NFL logos at the 25s did not have a white outline, but rather, what looked to be a thicker blue outline (as if the white outline that is typically present was painted blue).

NYG_2023%5E1.png

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2023 Week 1

The Patriots did unveil a new logo for their stadium, but it isn't on the field. I figured they might replace the old with the new now that the renovations are done, but nothing.

They also host Miami next week in the throwbacks, so I expect a reprise of the field we saw with the red jerseys last year. I am curious if they make any changes to it.