Redesigning NHL logos as soccer logos

NoE38_Concepts

This is an idea I came up with to redesign some NHL logos as if they were soccer team logos.

There will be some rules for each logo I redesign.

• The wordmark or initials of the team must be on the logo
  • There must be a connection to at least one of the team's logos (e.g. Bruins logo is roundel)
  • The actual team's logo may not be in it, but different parts of it can be (e.g. crown from Kings logo can be in it)

Will be posting Anaheim shortly!

as always, C&C is appreciated!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Just wanted to make sure you see this. We can't give criticism without a concept to be seen :)

Please learn before posting a concept how to post images in a topic. Any concept thread that doesn't actually show a concept will be deleted.Additionally, any concept thread that requests that others make the actual concept will be deleted as well.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Doesn't really scream soccer logo. Maybe do a triangle like shield. The text doesn't scream soccer either.

Maybe do something along the lines of "Anaheim FC" Also, take your time thinking more about a concept. Don't rush it.

Maybe you could include a duck in the crest as well?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

True.

Besides soccer balls, soccer logos for the most part usually incorporate shields, flag symbols of the region in question, and sometimes FC (abbreviation for football club).

mlslogos2.gif

An Anaheim Ducks soccer concept with Orange County FC and some California or district flag symbolism in a shield could make for an interesting concept.

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

Why would it be Orange County FC? Shouldn't it be HC?

Yeah, this was supposed to be NHL logos as soccer logos not teams, so it's the Hockey club... Which means you don't have to do Tampa's. :P

u9j9gjgn2t7ir1w783olorjrl.png

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

This is an interesting idea, but it seems to me that you're only taking cues from the colours and location more than the team name. So far this looks like it's going to be a soccer league of teams that happen to be in the same cities and colours as the NHL. That's not a bad idea in itself, and certainly more creative than simply using the existing team logos with little changes (especially true of the teams with hockey equipment in the primary logo), but if the team's name is Orange County FC with nothing to do with the Ducks that you're adapting into this league, then it's become something else entirely and isn't really the Anaheim Ducks anymore.

It's entirely up to you if you want to continue in that direction, but I think it'd be cool if you took the names and made them work in the context of a soccer logo. For example, looking at Anaheim's webfoot D, you could take that idea of a duck footprint and make it the "shield" of the logo. It would probably end up looking a bit like Liverpool's badge, but that way you already have a base to work with. That's just an idea I'm throwing out there, but I'd like to see what you can come up with.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived