Pirates-Reds throwbacks

slapshot

I remember the 2nd Pirates Jersey's - saw them play STL in the late 1970s.

The first set of unis - What year did they wear those???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

they could have all been from the same year, late 70s some time. Pittsburgh had something like 5 different jerseys and 4 different pants, for an obscene amount of combinations.

nl_1978_pittsburgh.gif

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"As the Bucs continue their weekend-long tribute to the 1979 World Championship team, several members of 'The Family' will be recognized during a pregame ceremony. Each club will don replica uniforms of those worn during the 1979 all weekend."

Pirates aim to catch Reds in Fogg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

they could have all been from the same year, late 70s some time. Pittsburgh had something like 5 different jerseys and 4 different pants, for an obscene amount of combinations.

3 pants, 3 shirts. Striped, black and gold. 9 combos possible. I believe that they were worn from 1977-79.

BTW, awesome game tonight! I went and the feeling there was crazy. Going to the ballpark always reminds me of why I love the Pirates as much as I do, they always suprise me. ^_^

Abbey

Abbey.jpg

The yellow pullover-black pants style looks nice to me... I guess I'm just a fan of that....

Now the pinstripes with black pants and yellow pinstripes... Why in the world did they wear that? If I was the manager I would've refused to play ball in those

the reds looked great in there gray pullovers throwbacks, only problem was that they used black batting helmets, but i would be all in favor of the Reds going back to the pullover look, they are one of the few teams that look good in that style uniform. The pirates however looked ridiculous, almost clown like, the yellow jerseys were ok, but watching those stupid pinstripes on TV last night was challenging, you couldnt really make out the numbers, there were too many colors than should be allowed on one jersey, im glad they stopped wearing those.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived