NPSL | Georgia Revolution FC Rebrand

Go Red Sox!

Here is my latest rebrand of a North American soccer team, the NPSL Georgia Revolution FC, an organization that actually updated its logo back in January this year – in my opinion they took a couple of steps backward.

I discarded the eagle as their current centerpiece of the logo and took a totally different, more historical approach; also used rather muted colors, at least partly.

2904_georgia__revolution_-primary-2016_z

Current logo

Georgia%20Revolution%20FC%20logo%20prese

Beeeeeaaaautiful!

Have you given a thought about accentuating one star, because Georgia was one of the original 13 colonies. Just spitting ideas, I would maybe put that one star in the center of the ball, instead of the pentagon.

But I love it anyway!

4 hours ago, OliverP said:

Beeeeeaaaautiful!

Have you given a thought about accentuating one star, because Georgia was one of the original 13 colonies. Just spitting ideas, I would maybe put that one star in the center of the ball, instead of the pentagon.

But I love it anyway!

Thanks, Oliver! Much appreciated. I already did something like that when I redesigned the D.C. United primary mark a couple of months ago.

I find my original version a bit cleaner, but your suggestion makes more sense eventually:

Alternate%20Georgia%20Revolution_zpslh5p

20 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

Thanks, Oliver! Much appreciated. I already did something like that when I redesigned the D.C. United primary mark a couple of months ago.

I find my original version a bit cleaner, but your suggestion makes more sense eventually:

Alternate%20Georgia%20Revolution_zpslh5p

Right on the money! If I was a Georgia Revolution fan, I'd be proud that this logo represents us.

1 hour ago, seattlesonicsofsacramento said:

I'm not convinced that the typeface is very readable. The G, R, and V/U in particular seem as though they're being used for an eye exam in how ambiguous they appear from afar. The logo itself is certainly striking though.

Good point. I have to agree. I will not change the typeface, but I have reduced the font's weight just a notch to improve readability.

It's already updated.

It's a nice concept, though there's one thing I kinda don't feel seems right, in my opinion: I feel as if the center part of the roundel (the part with the star and the soccer ball and whatnot) should be white instead of navy blue. I think that that'll make that part stand out a bit more, instead of blending in with the rest of the roundel.

On 25. März 2016 at 5:16 PM, Go Red Sox! said:

Good point. I have to agree on that. I will not change the typeface, but I have reduced the font's weight just a notch to improve readability

It's aldy updated.

@TheGiantsFan: I wanted to avoid a white center because most of the roundel logos have that. Since the ball is mostly white (or gray), a navy background does even add more contrast while the soccer ball on a white background would get lost in there a little.

Archived