NHL Redesign: Powered by Adidas - WPG + NSH (All 30 teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Morgo said:

Big fan of most of the work so far.  Everything is clean and well presented.  The one that really stands out however is your Lightning concept.  Turning the shoulder design into bolts that match the pants was a stroke of genius.  Those uniforms are proof that you can have a clean look without sacrificing creativity in the form of an overused, traditional template.

Speaking of templates, did you create the Adidas one yourself?  It looks just about perfect.

Thank you, Morgo! Means a lot coming from you haha. As for the template, I made it myself. It is based off of the Reebok Edge 2.0 template that I have always used, but I modified it to look a bit more sleek and match what we have seen so far from Adidas (WCH uniforms).

Here is a good visual to see the comparison between the two different templates I use:

comparison_zpsnbiovgul.png

36 minutes ago, TampaBae said:

Awesome concepts! Where can I find this template??

I haven't really made any of my templates available for public use, but I have been thinking about submitting them to mockup arena, so we will see haha

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

I like most of them, but I really don't like what you did witht he ALberta teams.

The Oilers' orange jerseys are one of the biggest, tackiest eyesores ever in pro sports (Including the Vancouver halloween unis & the LA Burger Kings.)

That's nothing against you as you didn't design that look--it came from the WHA.

I don' like when they wear them now, so if it was a full time uni-I would not be in favour of it.

As for the Flames--that flaming snot bald horse head logo is awful as well.

I was so happy when they dumped it-even on the shoulders.

I know it has its fans--but a lot of Flames fans hate it.

The stripes on both and the overall style is good--I do like that aspect.

But I would lose the orange Oiler's jersey--make it blue again.

And dump the horsehead logo.

The Flames have a great logo, I would use it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

1 hour ago, Stampman said:

I like most of them, but I really don't like what you did witht he ALberta teams.

The Oilers' orange jerseys are one of the biggest, tackiest eyesores ever in pro sports (Including the Vancouver halloween unis & the LA Burger Kings.)

That's nothing against you as you didn't design that look--it came from the WHA.

I don' like when they wear them now, so if it was a full time uni-I would not be in favour of it.

As for the Flames--that flaming snot bald horse head logo is awful as well.

I was so happy when they dumped it-even on the shoulders.

I know it has its fans--but a lot of Flames fans hate it.

The stripes on both and the overall style is good--I do like that aspect.

But I would lose the orange Oiler's jersey--make it blue again.

And dump the horsehead logo.

The Flames have a great logo, I would use it.

Thanks for your feedback! Here is an update to the Calgary concept with their true primary logo, I decided to ditch the flaming snot horse like you mentioned. I think that I am going to leave Edmonton as is. Honestly I think that their orange uniforms are one of the best in the league. If I were to own a team's jersey that is not a CBJ one, it would definitely have to be Edmonton's orange.

Here is the Calgary update:

CGYhf_zpsb56sktzt.png

CGYrf_zps7z0ldq6q.png

Be on the lookout for the last two teams in the Pacific Division to be posted sometime tomorrow!

2LYbxnm.png

I LOVE THAT FLAMES CONCEPT!

Seriously, the only thing that's somewhat bugging me is that the arms are angled while the hem's straight, but besides that, this is exactly what the Flames should be wearing if they insist on keeping black.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

6 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Although I like it, that Sharks jersey might look a little too close to a popular old jersey for a team that has a rivalry with the Sharks. Sharks fans might not like that.

3 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

As a fellow Sharks fan, I agree that is a good design but does indeed look like a certain rival that shall not be named.

Oh god, I didn't even realize this when I was making these concepts haha thank you for some fan input, that is always nice to have. Here is an update, hopefully this set is differentiated enough from "that team" ;)

SJShf2_zpsek4vo3oe.png

SJSrf2_zpsn82njnt0.png

Any feedback on this updated set?

2LYbxnm.png

24 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

hmmm, from what i can see it looks like the highlight on the shark fin on the shoulder patch is grey but the ones on the main crest are teal. I would stick with teal highlights on the shoulder patch hand go back to the original collar too.

Good catch on the shoulder patches! I have updated the post with that small fix. I think that I am going to stick with this style collar, though

2LYbxnm.png

I think the updated Sharks are way better than the original way to still incorporate the fin. For some reason I feel the whites are far superior than the teals and I don't know why. Maybe it's the amount the grey on the real jerseys. Either way they are still beautiful 

2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I liked the diamond shoulder patches on the 1st set more than the roundel. However, the new striping is excellent.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I'm a fan of the last three, but I'm not a fan of how they all have basically the same striping pattern.

Just noticing that too, completely unintentional haha. All three teams have some similarities, but there are some key differences, too. I can promise that it is only this stretch of three teams that are like that, I have the rest of the league finished. 

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I think the updated Sharks are way better than the original way to still incorporate the fin. For some reason I feel the whites are far superior than the teals and I don't know why. Maybe it's the amount the grey on the real jerseys. Either way they are still beautiful 

Thanks! I sort of agree that the road looks better than the road in this case. I think that it may be because gray is used so heavily on the teal. I've come up with an update to the update to try to mitigate that issue. I think that it looks a lot better with this new striping:

SJShf3_zpsjyovpeyk.png

Better/worse/or the same?

2LYbxnm.png

Archived