NHL Redesign: Powered by Adidas - WPG + NSH (All 30 teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penguins look awesome!  That's the best way to link the striping between the hem, arms, and socks i've seen. 

Something about the Flyers is not sitting with me though.  I'm not sure what it is.  it's so close to the pre-Edge set that i want it to be the pre-Edge set, but you have some obvious differences that make it stand out. 

Agreed on PHI, not sure but it just feels a tad...incomplete? Those open shoulders are kind of begging for a shoulder patch, or something.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Maybe for the Flyers if you just altered the hem stripes. I think that's what's messing with me. I'd like to see either the single stripe following the contour of the hem (like Arizona's) in black, which is also what they used to have, or double it up and have the colors like you do now. 

I'm not saying the Flyers concept should get a patch, I'm just saying it feels like an empty space. Your Pens concept is a good example of the shoulders being open, without also feeling open.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Great feedback from everyone so far, thanks! Here is an update to the Flyers...

PHIhf2_zpslawncgq0.png

PHIrf2_zpseockpdqu.png

I went ahead and changed the hem striping, and also added a shoulder patch that I came up with. It is a keystone with "PF" and the Flyers logo inside of it.

Any more feedback on the Flyers, Penguins, or any other team that has been posted so far?

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

1 minute ago, ldconcepts said:

Maybe for the Pens, try separating white and yellow? Don't know whether what's an improvement. Great work so far!

Thanks!

For the hem striping, I wanted to match the order of the striping on the arms, so that is why there is white touching yellow

2LYbxnm.png

20 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

i think the black should be the dominant color in the striping, not white or grey, but black might not work here since it would bleed into the green at the bottom. 

I second the motion for more black. It just fits the sharks so well. Gray is good, but the black just works so well for the Sharks.

That Calgary concept is real purdy! Definitely one of the better Flames concepts.

I really don't see much of a difference between your concepts of the Pennsylvania teams and what they wear now/have worn. I was hoping for something a bit more creative.

5 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I can live with the tweak on the Flyers, but I like that patch a lot!

If we can make requests, can we see Washington & the Islanders next?

Thanks, and for sure. I will post the Caps and Isles tomorrow morning.

5 hours ago, Canucklehead800 said:

I second the motion for more black. It just fits the sharks so well. Gray is good, but the black just works so well for the Sharks.

That Calgary concept is real purdy! Definitely one of the better Flames concepts.

I really don't see much of a difference between your concepts of the Pennsylvania teams and what they wear now/have worn. I was hoping for something a bit more creative.

Yeah, black definitely fits in well with the Sharks identity, but I wanted to move towards a theme of teal/gray/white with the new set of concepts that I posted. I was inspired by their original look which is so timeless.

As for the Pennsylvania teams, there are some key differences in both sets from what they currently wear. Obviously for the Pens, I was inspired by their current alternate/throwback. I think that there are some consistency issues with it in the arm and hem striping, so I tried to fix that, and I also added in an arched name bar, and changed the font to look a bit more modern. As for the Flyers, it is a modernization of their classic look. The collar is different, as well as the striping on the arms and hem (which are more of a mix of new and old). With the Flyers, it is definitely hard to come up with an improved look on what they already wear, and  I think that I accomplished that with the small edits and added shoulder patch.

1 hour ago, Lycan38 said:

Both versions of the Flyers look really good. I prefer the first a little more.

Thanks! Honestly, I am split on which one I like more. But I do think that the shoulder patch on the second set adds a lot more character to the set.

2LYbxnm.png

1 hour ago, PepMan33Conde said:

I'd like to the see the road numbers in orange with black outline. Like the current one.

Good call, I made an update to it based off your feedback and edited the original post!

Per @KittSmith_95's request, up next...

Washington Capitals

WSHhf_zps8wjo9z2i.png

WSHrf_zpsnkt84fzr.png

Somewhat based off of a previous concept that I have done, I combined several different eras of Capitals jerseys into one.

New York Islanders

NYIhf_zpsmapnui0j.png

NYIrf_zpsx16qwiws.png

I've actually had this concept laying around for some time now, finally have a reason to post it now haha. It is based off of their current black alternate, but it fits the Islanders' identity so much better.

C&C always appreciated

2LYbxnm.png

Capitals- I like this set.... not sold on the logo used on the front (I still think the 90's Eagle is the best logo they've ever used.) Besides that, nice mix of eras here.

Islanders- If the team was ever forced to go away from the set they currently use, this is very close to what I'd want to see on the ice. The only thing I dislike is the yoke on the Road. It's a YFYS moment..... I see all the time with concepts, and it bugs me to no end. Not every white uni needs a yoke.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

1 hour ago, Dbroalexander said:

pf-flyers-logo-1.gif

Shoes guatanteed to make a kid run faster and jump higher

Lol not what I was intending on going for, but funny nonetheless 

59 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Capitals- I like this set.... not sold on the logo used on the front (I still think the 90's Eagle is the best logo they've ever used.) Besides that, nice mix of eras here.

Islanders- If the team was ever forced to go away from the set they currently use, this is very close to what I'd want to see on the ice. The only thing I dislike is the yoke on the Road. It's a YFYS moment..... I see all the time with concepts, and it bugs me to no end. Not every white uni needs a yoke.

Thanks for your feedback! Here is an update to the Isles set...

NYIhf2_zpskxplqsss.png

NYIrf2_zpsqdsgnz9h.png

Anything else on the Caps/Isles? I'll post the Rangers and the Blue Jackets tomorrow

2LYbxnm.png

I really like the Caps and think they look great, but I'd have to agree with @KittSmith_95 and say you should go for a different logo. Either go all in on the WC logo and put the Capitals script in front of it, go with the Weagle, or go for the 90's eagle. The plain W feels a little, well, plain to me. 

But ive enjoyed almost every set in is series. Keep it up!

spacer.png

Archived