NHL Redesign: Powered by Adidas - WPG + NSH (All 30 teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

5 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Agreed on Tampa. I love the font, but the stripes remind me more of rose bushes/spiny plants than lightning. Great idea tho!

8 hours ago, ScreamingViking said:

Most of these concepts are excellent. I especially like the Toronto striping and the Winged D Detroit primaries.

The Tampa Bay is a little off. I like the faint incorporation of silver, but those "bolts" on the arms got me thinking Jack and the Beanstalk.Try removing the curve in the pattern on the arms; that might make them look more like bolts.

Hmmm I get what you're saying. I'd like to stay away from the same sort of design in terms of piping that the team already has on their alternate, so I'll see what I can do to differentiate it.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up Next:

Ottawa Senators

OTThf_zps72cp3iwc.png

OTTrf_zps7tpzukq1.png

Ottawa desperately needs a new look. This gives them a unique striping pattern and number font, and brings back the unused logo which is far superior to their current primary imo. 

Buffalo Sabres

BUFhf_zpsiwfoslp6.png

BUFrf_zpsarusym9h.png

Their retired third jersey from a few years ago is too beautiful to never be worn again (atleast the same style striping), so that is what this is based off of.

Enjoy!

2LYbxnm.png

My only complaint when I see the Sabres white jerseys like that is the yellow on the outside. I think if you had blue on the outside and the gold in the middle the contrast would make both pop out better. Resulting in a sharper jersey design. Great job though.

5 hours ago, MrWonka said:

My only complaint when I see the Sabres white jerseys like that is the yellow on the outside. I think if you had blue on the outside and the gold in the middle the contrast would make both pop out better. Resulting in a sharper jersey design. Great job though.

Here is an update based off of your feedback, thanks Dylan!

BUFrf_zpsotdod2te.png

Be on the look out, the Pacific Division is up next. 

Edit: also working on an update to Tampa, so I'll try to post that later on today. 

2LYbxnm.png

Guest darkpiranha

Looks great.  I'd maybe try tapering the lightning bolts on the arms, wider at shoulders and to a point at the sleeve.

These are awesome! Tampa's update is perfect, and the Coyotes are amazing. Sabres and Senators are also big upgrades on what they have now. 

Keep it up!

spacer.png

I really like the Florida set.

I've seen a few of these concepts floating around based on what their supposed to wear next year, but this one looks the best.

I would put the shoulder patch on both arms and I would ditch the blue hem - it doesn't add anything.
It just blends in with the pants and makes the jersey look shorter.

Overall though, nice job.

Up next:

Calgary Flames

CGYhf_zpspkqu7sak.png

CGYrf_zpsfo30qy9x.png

While my opinion may be in the minority, I find the horse head logo much more unique and better suited to be a primary logo. Plus in the case of these uniforms, I think that the color balance and general design of the logo fits in better with the striping and colors of the jerseys.

Anaheim Ducks

ANAhf_zpsxsgidfjv.png

ANArf_zpsdemxvgke.png

The Ducks have such a great and unique color scheme if used correctly. I'm not the biggest fan of their current homes, but their orange alternates and road uniforms are really appealing to me. So I sort of based this set off of those two uniforms.

Enjoy!

2LYbxnm.png

Big fan of most of the work so far.  Everything is clean and well presented.  The one that really stands out however is your Lightning concept.  Turning the shoulder design into bolts that match the pants was a stroke of genius.  Those uniforms are proof that you can have a clean look without sacrificing creativity in the form of an overused, traditional template.

Speaking of templates, did you create the Adidas one yourself?  It looks just about perfect.

Archived