NHL Redesign: Powered by Adidas - WPG + NSH (All 30 teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

Every year around this time, I usually work on a concept series since I have a decent amount of time in between when school ends and when I start my summer job. So for this spring/summer, I am going to give every team in the NHL a new look. With this series, I want to incorporate more color into the uniforms, abandon the "cookie cutter" templates, and give each team a unique identity. All C&C is welcomed and appreciated. First, I'll start off with the Atlantic Division.

Atlantic Division

Toronto Maple Leafs

Florida Panthers

Montreal Canadiens

Boston Bruins

Detroit Red Wings

Tampa Bay Lightning (Update)

Ottawa Senators

Buffalo Sabres

Pacific Division

Arizona Coyotes

Edmonton Oilers

Vancouver Canucks

Calgary Flames (Update)

Anaheim Ducks

Los Angeles Kings

San Jose Sharks (Update)

Metropolitan Division

Pittsburgh Penguins

Philadelphia Flyers (Update)

Washington Capitals

New York Islanders (Update)

New York Rangers

Columbus Blue Jackets

Carolina Hurricanes

New Jersey Devils

Central Division

Dallas Stars

Chicago Blackhawks

St. Louis Blues

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Winnipeg Jets

Nashville Predators

The first two teams I am posting are expected to unveil new uniforms, so here is a guess as to what they will look like!

Toronto Maple Leafs

TORhf_zpsmezqhiyc.png

TORrf_zpsobxo0jtq.png

Florida Panthers

FLAhf_zpsur61zqci.png

FLArf_zpso6l7sdky.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TOR: A new striping pattern that throws back. I love it. (Matthews jab :() The shoulder logo is a great idea.

FLA: Obviously, a lot like other concepts floating around, but its font is unique, and the colour balance is great. Would love to see the shoulder patch like you did!

Looking forward to seeing more!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I like how you switched Toronto's shoulder patches to their current logo...nice touch. 

I really wish Florida would incorporate some sort of palm tree shoulder patch with their redesign.

Clean looks though, great stuff so far.

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Very good concepts. I especially like your Toronto jerseys. I have a question, when you make your concepts, do you use Adobe Illustrator?

Yup, I started to make everything (logos, uniforms, etc) in Illustrator about two years ago.

I'll go ahead and post the next two teams now...

Montreal Canadiens

MTLhf_zpsv2vrkv18.png

MTLrf_zpsqwlym121.png

Boston Bruins

BOShf_zpsmhreghdb.png

BOSRf_zpspd6fjme6.png

Both sets are based off their Winter Classic uniforms from this season. Enjoy.

2LYbxnm.png

Love your work, man.  Everything so far is great.

Leafs look amazing.  The striping is almost an optical illusion in how it almost looks like two pairings of the stripes like on their socks, but meshed together.  The only thing that is odd to me is the 11 point leafs, blank, as the shoulders.  I don't know why, they're jerseys up to now with that as the main and the old style leaf as the shoulder is fine, but when you reverse them it just seems weird.

Panthers look great.

Habs and B's are both classy.  The Winter Classic jerseys this past year were so nice.  I almost think the Leafs would look good with the round sweater collar like these. 

8 hours ago, B-mer said:

Love your work, man.  Everything so far is great.

Leafs look amazing.  The striping is almost an optical illusion in how it almost looks like two pairings of the stripes like on their socks, but meshed together.  The only thing that is odd to me is the 11 point leafs, blank, as the shoulders.  I don't know why, they're jerseys up to now with that as the main and the old style leaf as the shoulder is fine, but when you reverse them it just seems weird.

Panthers look great.

Habs and B's are both classy.  The Winter Classic jerseys this past year were so nice.  I almost think the Leafs would look good with the round sweater collar like these. 

Thanks!

Any other comments before I post the next team or two tomorrow morning?

2LYbxnm.png

12 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Yup, I started to make everything (logos, uniforms, etc) in Illustrator about two years ago.

Nice. I was wondering if there a free version you can download?

Just now, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Well, there's a free 30 day trial that you could download but it's sort of expensive to buy a license through Adobe.

Darn, that sucks cause Paint.net is just not the same. Thanks for telling me, I honestly really appreciate it.

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Darn, that sucks cause Paint.net is just not the same. Thanks for telling me, I honestly really appreciate it.

Inkscape is a free .svg program if your interested in that.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Most of these concepts are excellent. I especially like the Toronto striping and the Winged D Detroit primaries.

The Tampa Bay is a little off. I like the faint incorporation of silver, but those "bolts" on the arms got me thinking Jack and the Beanstalk.Try removing the curve in the pattern on the arms; that might make them look more like bolts.

Agreed on Tampa. I love the font, but the stripes remind me more of rose bushes/spiny plants than lightning. Great idea tho!

spacer.png

Archived