Adidas NHL: 30 Teams, 30 Alternates (27/30, Philadelphia Flyers added)

zg313

For the Boston Bruins, I wanted to do a design similar to their first jerseys. I like the simple two stripe pattern on that one, but wanted to make it more modern with the shoulder patches and the current logo. I also added the solo "B" shoulder patches. 

ZekeG_BostonAlt_Fullset.png

You know what my favorite ring is? The next one.

-Tom Brady

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 7.51.09 PM.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On July 15, 2016 at 6:29 PM, zg313 said:

Update on Florida. Thanks for the suggestions. Looks better now imo. It's more balanced from top to bottom.

ZekeG_PanthersAlt_Fullset.png

Make a red version and a white as well, and you have a much better design than what the Panthers have now.

I was interested when the Detroit Red Wings went in such a modern direction for their Stadium Series jerseys last year. So I more or less re-introduced those jerseys again, but changed the sash to a chest stripe, much like the Wings had when they were the Detroit Cougars in 1926-27. I changed the white pants stripe to a white pants cuff, since there are mostly horizontal lines on the jersey.

ZekeG_DetroitAlt2_fullset.png

-Tom Brady

• 2 weeks later...

After a short break, we're back with the Buffalo Sabres. Their current alternate is decent, but I didn't like how the vintage white was only on the logo and numbers. So I took out the yellow all together to make it look more like an alternate jersey.

ZekeG_BuffaloSabresAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

On 7/19/2016 at 4:30 PM, zg313 said:

I was interested when the Detroit Red Wings went in such a modern direction for their Stadium Series jerseys last year. So I more or less re-introduced those jerseys again, but changed the sash to a chest stripe, much like the Wings had when they were the Detroit Cougars in 1926-27. I changed the white pants stripe to a white pants cuff, since there are mostly horizontal lines on the jersey.

ZekeG_DetroitAlt2_fullset.png

This is a great atllt concept for Detroit. It might be worth trying their primary on the shoulders.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Next up, the Toronto Maple Leafs. I was always a fan of the Arena's logo. It's nice an to the point. So I wanted to make the jersey nice and to the point. It's one of the more simple ones of the series, but it's rather vintage, and a realistic that Toronto would do, considering the direction they went with their current uniforms. Also, the Arenas had brown (leather?) pants, so I brought that back. 

ZekeG_TorontoAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

For this Montreal Canadiens concept, I was inspired by their winter classic jerseys. To be honest, they were one of the best Ive ever seen. So with this one, I also went with white, and also added a sash instead the familiar horizontal chest stripe. 

Zeke_HabsAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

On 8/6/2016 at 6:31 PM, zg313 said:

For this Montreal Canadiens concept, I was inspired by their winter classic jerseys. To be honest, they were one of the best Ive ever seen. So with this one, I also went with white, and also added a sash instead the familiar horizontal chest stripe. 

Zeke_HabsAlt_Fullset.png

I like the idea of a diagonal stripe, but having the space between the numbers hollow doesn't really work, for me. Same thing, on the front. Because you're using a logo that has interior negative space, the disruption of the stripe feels kinda wonky. This would be a better look for a team with a solid logo or roundel alternate.

I love the idea, I just don't know that the Habs are the team to do it with.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

With the Columbus Blue Jackets, I found inspiration for the striping in the outline of the roundel. I love the Jacket's cannon logo. It predominantly features light blue, so I wanted to make the jersey the same color. I have a soft spot for chest stripes, and felt that it would fit well here. Two stars are featured on the shoulders to give it a military look. 

ZekeG_ColumbusAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

• 4 weeks later...

Alright folks, after a brief hiatus, we're back! During the break, I decided to switch to a different template and layout. I find this one to be more professional looking and just easier to work with in general. So if you guys don't mind, this is what I'm going for for the rest of this series.

Finishing up the Atlantic Division is the Tampa Bay Lightning. In 1996, the Bolts switched to a really unique, storm themed uniform featuring a lot going on. I decided to pay homage to this with this "Weather The Storm" set. I made the striping on the arms like rain, giving it a dark and stormy field. I stuck with black for the primary color.

ZekeG_TampaAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

3 hours ago, zg313 said:

Alright folks, after a brief hiatus, we're back! During the break, I decided to switch to a different template and layout. I find this one to be more professional looking and just easier to work with in general. So if you guys don't mind, this is what I'm going for for the rest of this series.

Finishing up the Atlantic Division is the Tampa Bay Lightning. In 1996, the Bolts switched to a really unique, storm themed uniform featuring a lot going on. I decided to pay homage to this with this "Weather The Storm" set. I made the striping on the arms like rain, giving it a dark and stormy field. I stuck with black for the primary color.

ZekeG_TampaAlt_Fullset.png

Whatever is going on here is terrifying and I love it. It is so unique and different but works! Only thing I can't really get on board with is the socks for some reason, seems like too much white maybe.

Next up is the New York Rangers. Nothing really fancy going on here. I loved when NYR went with cream for the Winter Classic a few years back, so I brought that back. The striping is the standard Rangers pattern. Shoulder patches serve to add some balance to the set. 

ZekeG_RangersAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

I always liked the old red and green New Jersey Devils color set. While their current uniforms are iconic in their own right, It wouldn't hurt to see the return of an updated throwback a few times a year. 

ZekeG_NewJerseyAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

The New York Islanders went in a fairly simple and straight forward direction for their current alternates. I don't mind them, but I do think they're a little plain. So I made the arm stripes a bit thicker and added some chest stripes that go around. Logo stays the same.  

ZekeG_IslandersAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

16 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

You missed Ottawa in the Atlantic. 

Whoops! Got 'em right here. 

I'll preface this by saying that I think that the Ottawa Senators have one of the best alternate jerseys in the league. It's nice and clean and traditional. With this set, I wanted instead to go in a pretty modern direction and do a two tone jersey. I really like the shield logo, so I decided to make it the primary logo here. 

ZekeG_OttawaAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

A classic team like the Philadelphia Flyers should have a classic alternate. I went in a similar direction as Philly did in their Winter Classic, but with a striping change. The black stripes pay homage to Philadelphia hockey history, similar in look to the Philadelphia Quakers. Vintage white makes a return. This is one of my favorites of the series.

ZekeG_FlyersAlt_Fullset.png

-Tom Brady

Archived