City Color Identities Concept

User9113

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/28/2016 at 11:15 PM, User9113 said:

UPDATE to Minnesota. Some of you were concerned because the Vikings logo still had gold, when none of the other teams didn't. To be clear, the viking was just supposed to be blonde with a gold helmet, there was wasn't supposed to be gold in the Vikes color scheme. To clear things up, here's the a silverhaired viking logo.

0oDrqTG.png

The TWolves and Wild logos are fire

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

9 hours ago, User9113 said:

Boston. The accent color is a dark blue/gray because without it it looks a bit too Christmas-y. Unfortunately, the Patriots are now the redcoats... Oh well. F4PmIOQ.png0Gkj3Ey.pngZka49Aw.png

That Patriots jersey is... woof...
Maybe have them just switch to whites at home, and use red accents with green piping - similar to what you did with the Red Sox

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

8 hours ago, NoleYourRole said:

That Patriots jersey is... woof...
Maybe have them just switch to whites at home, and use red accents with green piping - similar to what you did with the Red Sox

Okay I see that, what about something like this?

3OLnRxM.png

Just now, ZionEagle said:

Oh Christmas Tree..Oh Christmas Tree...How lovely ist thine striping.

Wow. I'm have to agree though. The idea looks pretty cool, but there is just TOO much green. Maybe if you darkened the green it would look better.

2 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

Oh Christmas Tree..Oh Christmas Tree...How lovely ist thine striping.

There actually is some precedence to this, though:

Continental%20Flag.jpgs

These colonial flags was very popular in New England during the Revolution, and featured the Tree of Liberty an awful lot. 

As always, I think you need actual uniform sets for all the teams before I truly buy it. The Bruins? In anything but black and gold? Blasphemy! But if you can pull off Boston, you can do the rest of the country - they're by far the hardest city to do. Four teams, four very different color schemes, and they've used them all for forever, making change even more difficult to imagine. 

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

14 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Pretty cool idea overall. Looking forward to Detroit, which I'm assuming will be red, white and blue. The Tigers navy would look great across the board.

Thanks! I'm actually trying to limit the number of red/blue teams so you may be surprised.

6 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

They wore brown for awhile back in the day, didn't they?

Yeah, and I thought about including that, but brown and black are close enough that it's not the jarring change that gold-to-red would be, and I don't think many people are still alive who saw the Bruins in their original brown and gold to truly get nostalgic over those colors. Though you're correct, my point remains the same - seeing the Bruins in anything other than black/brown and gold is going to be incredibly significant, and I don't know that it's possible to pull it off.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

2 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I really like that shade of green for the Phillies!

Would you consider revising your Chicago concept using the color scheme I suggested?

Sure! I'll do a alternate layout like I did with the Florida panthers logo.. I did think of using the flag colors directly but I'm really trying to limit the number of red/blue teams though... I guess powder blue hasn't been used very often though.

Other ideas I had were letting the Cubs keep red and having the baseball teams seperated by the Sox being black/gray and the Cubs being Black/Red or letting the Bears keep orange but I'm saving the Red/Black (will be revealed next) and Orange/Black color schemes for different cities (Maybe a certain city in Ohio).

3 minutes ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Pretty cool concept uniting the city colors. if you ever do Houston, navy, red and orange? Or our flag's blue?

Yes! I was conflicted about what to do for Houston. I'm leaning toward the Oilers colors which is part of the reason why I didn't used Chicago's flag for their colors.

Archived