NHL Simplification Series

DTConcepts

I was initially planning to all 30 teams in a throwback-ish series for the NHL's 100th anniversary, but I decided it was too much work and would simplify teams I thought needed it in no particular order. First up...

ANAHEIM DUCKS

Home Pres.png

Away Pres.png

Do I know that the logo used is the Quad City Mallards' logo? Yes. Do I care? That's debatable. The idea behind these was to be as simple as it could get, and that meant to simplify the color scheme and striping to small strokes on the upper arm and waist.

More teams coming soon!

Great series idea, I was actually planning on doing something in the same vein. I'll definitely be following this one.

Anaheim looks promising, I'd flip the logo (to make it an A) and make it your own a little bit. Maybe sharpen the curves?

Next up, the New York Islanders. I was going to make some changes to Anaheim but I figured I'd rather keep truckin' on with the series.

Away Pres.png

Home Pres.png

Guess what those four stripes are for? Counting the stripes on the waist, arms, collar, and logo, there are 20 stripes. And yes, I'm aware the numbers are the exact same as the Ducks, but I needed to get this one out in a hurry.

Thoughts?

Alright next up is the Nashville Predators! Like I said, no particular order.

Home.png

Away.png

I tried to get the six-stringed guitar pattern on the striping, but I couldn't do it without the jersey looking too crowded. Instead, I settled on a simpler striping pattern, and the (in my opinion) better guitar pick logo.

Thoughts?

38 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Home.png

Away.png

I tried to get the six-stringed guitar pattern on the striping, but I couldn't do it without the jersey looking too crowded. Instead, I settled on a simpler striping pattern, and the (in my opinion) better guitar pick logo.

Thoughts?

Awesome! Use blue font with the gold jersey and it's perfect!

It's a simplification series so what is the need for the overly convoluted collar?  If you adopted something more traditional, your Capitals set would be outstanding.  Nashville has a vastly superior striping configuration but i'm not sure the guitar pick logo is strong enough to serve as the primary.  Put it on the shoulders and adopt the current primary as the main crest and you've got something special.

On 9/10/2016 at 11:47 AM, Zeus89725 said:

Home.png

Away.png

Thoughts?

I love the pick logo, but hardly see it as a simplification. It has more elements and some that aren't readily obvious to those who don't know Nashville as Music City or the Tennessee state flag. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I love the pick logo, but hardly see it as a simplification. It has more elements and some that aren't readily obvious to those who don't know Nashville as Music City or the Tennessee state flag. 

The real Preds logo has a lot of strokes and such, and an awkward shape. This logo is pretty straight forward.

Archived