Tampa Bay Rays: Back to 1998

Victormrey

So, while doing the Premier League x Baseball crossover series, I had the idea of doing a next series about MLB tweaks. This comes from the re-designing idea I had for the Tampa Bay Rays. 

I think their current indentity is fine, but, IMO, the colours they use don't stand out, specially compared to the scheme they used dyring their first two years (from 1998 to 2000). That's why I decided to take their current wordmark and logos, using their original multi-colour gradient, using navy just for the trimming.

These are the wordmarks from the jerseys:

Tampa Bay Rays Wordmark Home.png

Tampa Bay Rays Wordmark Road.pngTampa Bay Rays Wordmark Alternate.png

For the uniforms I decided to keep navy as seconary colour, adding the gradient on the cuffs, pants, socks and numbers borders. For the caps I decided to make the front white for the home and alt versions, inspired by the @Carolingian Steamroller's designs:

Tampa Bay Rays Home Uniform.png

Tampa Bay Rays Road Uniform.pngTampa Bay Rays Alt Uniform.png

NOTE: I know there are other TB Rays concepts on the forum, but I don't know if somebody has already tried this same idea.

C&C appreciated!

12 hours ago, Jvhn177 said:

your designs keep getting better and better

12 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

As much as I loathed the gradient design when it came out, this is actually a really cool idea. Using the gradient on the pants looks particularly nice. 

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Brilliant job! This is a really creative approach to the Rays.

8 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

The gradient looks really great, I really like it as the number outline.

7 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Fantastic!

Thank you guys!

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I hope you follow through with a full MLB series! 

I'll start the full MLB series as soon as I finish my current project!

7 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Could you do a 'TAMPA BAY' wordmark on the road? 

How about this?

Tampa Bay Rays Wordmark Road 2.png

Tampa Bay Rays Road Uniform 2.png

28 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

I'm not a huge fan of the wordmark. It is too generic. What if you did something along the lines of the 1997 Orlando Rays wordmark?

I actually used the team's current wordmarks. Despite I like the style used during their first years, if I used it, the result would be almost exactly to their original wordmark.

I love what you've done with this. The way the gradient works out almost reminds me of a tequila sunrise style.  Normally I'm not a fan of gradients either, especially in logos, but the way you've done this is amazing.  The number outline and pants stripe look great too.  Well done!

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

17 hours ago, TCutt said:

I love what you've done with this. The way the gradient works out almost reminds me of a tequila sunrise style.

12 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

This is excellent, and what the Astros should have done.

You guys have given me an idea!

10 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

The more I see it, the more I like the idea. If they don't increase the use of the Columbia blue and emphasize the yellow more, then they should definitely do This.

Could you show us the cap logo and the manta ray? 

Thanks! And here you go:

Tampa Bay Rays Cap Logo 1.png Tampa Bay Rays Cap Logo 2.png

Tampa Bay Rays Sleeve Logo.png

Archived