A MLB Uniform Style Guide - "The Double Knit Era"

TruColor

Chris,

I still don't know what you mean by one (or more?) of your logos being used on the SSUR site...99.9% of mine are taken from the stories I report on, from original official vector artwork, or in some cases - the SLE. I realize that since my site's currently down, it's kind of hard to remember, but still - I want to know what you're referring to.

Just curious.

Oh, I'm referring to the PDF file you just posted, not the ones on your site... sorry for the confusion

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an awesome guide. I was just wondering one thing (i thought this was a good place to post this rather than start a new topic). I'm a big Oriole fan and wanted to make 2 jersey in honor of their 50th aniversary. I was hoping to make a Chris Hoiles and Mike Mussina jersey (my 2 favorite Orioles). I own the 97-00 Black Alternate Jersey and can easily buy the 97-04 Road Jersey. My question is, By using this guide can I do the lettering myself or would it be easier to get someone else to do it (also who can I send it into)? Thanks for anyone's help

Also for Mr. Henderson, I know the Orioles participated in the Turn Ahead the Clock Day. Infact I believe Albert Belle had hit 2 or 3 homeruns. I have not been able to find a picture of their uniforms and don't even remember what they look like. Just thought it might be something for you to look out for.

For Baltimore Fan:

The style guide will show you the correct styles and colors for the Orioles jerseys for each year, including what typestyles were used and what patches. However, unless you have the proper type font templates you really can't make your own "correct" lettering.

The Orioles are very easy-- for the past twenty plus years thay have used two color "block" style athletic lettering. You would be best off going to authenticlettering.com and just ordering the Orioles lettering set you need. Then you can have your local seamstress/tailor shop sew it on

I do have a very large selection of fonts re-created in Adobe Illustrator, for those who have asked. I will share them with collectors for a small duplication fee. However for something simple like the Orioles, just order your letters precut to save a lot of effort.

Regarding the orioles and the "Turn Ahead the Clock" uniforms, I have never seen these. I wish I had been paying attention to this ummmm... "event" back when it happened, but all my research was done long after the trail had grown cold. It seems like it was a very unpopular promotion that was the butt of many jokes, and no once really cared to document that it even happened. If anyone has photos of Turn Ahead the clock uniforms being actually worn by players, please let me know.

I do have a very large selection of fonts re-created in Adobe Illustrator, for those who have asked. I will share them with collectors for a small duplication fee.

Just curious (not accusing) but is it legal to do that?

---

Chris Creamer

Chris (CC97)-

Good question... and actually I'd love to discuss with you, since I'll bet you have some thoughts/experience in this area.

I love your site... obviously a labor of love: something I can identify with.

Want to discuss via Email? Please write me with your address.... wfhenderson@aol.com

Bill H.

Yeah...placing that 48 meg file on my site for all of you to see completely ate up my bandwidth (see my current avatar and sig for further evidence)...once my billing cycle comes back up, I'll have to come up with a different way to let you all see it.

Again - rats.

Yeah...placing that 48 meg file on my site for all of you to see completely ate up my bandwidth (see my current avatar and sig for further evidence)...once my billing cycle comes back up, I'll have to come up with a different way to let you all see it.

Again - rats.

Would a Word doc be smaller than the PDF?

---

Chris Creamer

Hi all-

A lot of people from this board have written me to ask me how to get a copy of the MLB Double Knit Style Guide on CD. To make it simple, I've listed copies of it on Ebay. The cost includes shipping.

Hope this helps. Thank you for all the nice comments and notes sent my way.

Here is the link to the Ebay Listing, cut and paste into your browser address bar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...agename=rvi:1:1

Regards, Bill

Hi all-

A lot of people from this board have written me to ask me how to get a copy of the MLB Double Knit Style Guide on CD. To make it simple, I've listed copies of it on Ebay. The cost includes shipping.

Hope this helps. Thank you for all the nice comments and notes sent my way.

Here is the link to the Ebay Listing, cut and paste into your browser address bar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...agename=rvi:1:1

Regards, Bill

Bill,

Would I be correct in assuming that the .AI files are not part of the CD package?

--Eriq.

I stand corrected :)

Found a couple more...

The World Series patch slide says it goes back to at least 1992... I can confirm it goes back to at least 1989, maybe even 1988.

The Arizona Diamondbacks patch page, everything is one year too early. The Inauguaral Season Patch should be from 1998 not 1997, and the World Series patch should be 2001, not 2000.

If I see more, I'll let you know.

---

Chris Creamer

Archived