Patriots Logo Idea (Hand-Drawn)

ahowe6464

44 minutes ago, Xamboni said:

First read was as "AE"

I see where you might be coming from, but the first thing I saw was NE.

On another note, this would be an awesome alternate logo that would go along with my redesign :lol: 

I like the simplicity of it.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

i would get rid of the little diagonal line at the bottom of the N to combine the letters a little better and solve the AE problem. As a pats fan, i think this is a big improvement over the current similar logo. Thumbs up

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

2 hours ago, Bruins said:

i would get rid of the little diagonal line at the bottom of the N to combine the letters a little better and solve the AE problem. As a pats fan, i think this is a big improvement over the current similar logo. Thumbs up

Thanks. I see the AE problem now, but I wanted to have the flagpole as its own entity with the letters connected to it. Should I get rid of the flagpole borders altogether?

47 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Thanks. I see the AE problem now, but I wanted to have the flagpole as its own entity with the letters connected to it. Should I get rid of the flagpole borders altogether?

That might be a good idea, could help it flow a little better

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Not saying you copied it, but it's actually pretty similar to this alternate they have, except you put an actual flag on it. 

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/yel4gpyykcebgvtqz02x2fkes/New_England_Patriots/2000/Alternate_Logo

Edit: I said it is similar, that's it. They both have the initials interlocking with a flag or flag inspired object hanging off of the N. Chill out.

Parsons is my dude.

2 hours ago, theep3 said:

Not saying you copied it, but it's actually pretty similar to this alternate they have, except you put an actual flag on it. 

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/yel4gpyykcebgvtqz02x2fkes/New_England_Patriots/2000/Alternate_Logo

Literally the only thing that the two logos share is they use the same two letters. 

Lz5f6vZ.png

I hate the Patriots but I like this concept. My initial thought was it was slanted a bit too much, which is why you're getting that A shape in the negative space. The flag looks great, especially for being hand-drawn. You definitely have talent and a great idea here.

18 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

This is good would like to see what else you can add

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

I think it'd look better if the letters in the monogram were all connected.  That being said, I like what you've done.  Extra props for sketching this out by hand.

18 hours ago, Steelman said:

I hate the Patriots but I like this concept. My initial thought was it was slanted a bit too much, which is why you're getting that A shape in the negative space. The flag looks great, especially for being hand-drawn. You definitely have talent and a great idea here.

Thanks! I'll see what I can do.

I think the angle or slant of the letters is what looks off. Adjusting the angle might allow you to avoid the AE look.

I'd also think about removing the lines separating the flagpole at least from the N, possibly from the E.

Unfortunately, both of those changes are much easier on a computer, where you can stretch things around and undo a lot. I'd also hate for you to draw these things out only to have it not look right. So maybe try a few rough sketches, especially with the slant, and see if anything looks better.

Overall, I think it's a genius idea and it would be a great secondary logo. 

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived