Star Wars Baseball (Toronto Tauntauns & Washington Senators, Series Finished)

MJD7

5 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Maybe I could make the 'M' tan with a teal outline or something? The reason I make the hat orange is to be more like Ackbar's head

That might work, but I think the fact that the cap is the only part of the uniform that's orange makes it clash with everything else.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are today's two teams, who definitely have two different methodologies about life in the galaxy!

First up are the Minnesota Jedi!

Uniforms

Minnesota Jedi Home.pngMinnesota Jedi Away.pngMinnesota Jedi Alternate 1.pngMinnesota Jedi Alternate 2.pngMinnesots Jedi Episode VII Alternate.pngMinnesota Jedi Rogue One Alternate.png

-The Jedi are my absolute favorite characters in Star Wars, so hopefully this set does them justice.

-The colors are based off of the two main lightsaber colors, bright blue and green, which also work well with Minnesota's 10,000 lakes and overall nature feel.

-Sand and brown are added as accents based off of the Jedi robes.

-The home uniform features an off-white look in order to be more natural and aged if you will. The away is all sand to be like Jedi robes.

-The striping is white in the middle and bordered by the two common lightsaber colors on the respective sides.

-The font is the one used in the branding of the prequel trilogy, which featured many more Jedi and I chose it because of the stoic, traditional feel it has.

-The Force Awakens alternate is based off of Luke's outfit seen as the literal cliffhanger of the movie.

-During the time of Rogue One, the Jedi are obsolete and have been banished from existence, so this alternate reflects that by being based off of the one fallen Jedi statue seen in the movie and in trailers.

Up now is the New York Empire!

Uniforms

New York Empire Home.pngNew York Empire Away.pngNew York Empire Alternate 1.pngNew York Empire Rogue One Alternate.png

-I promise this set is not in any way based off of any real life team nicknamed the "Evil Empire"...

-The Empire set features a pinstripe home uniform, with the Imperial insignia as the main logo and black and gray as the main colors, with red as an accent.

-The number and wordmark font is from the Shadows of the Empire project, and perfectly matches the evil, menacing look of the Imperials.

-A black alternate is added to complete the look.

-The Empire was (spoiler) defeated at the end of Return of the Jedi, so no Force Awakens alternate.

-However, the Empire is at the height of its power and has an enormous presence in Rogue One, of which the alternate is based on the main villain Director Krennic's uniform. The look is completed with a white hat. 

I'd love to hear what anyone thinks about the series so far!

Wow, the Empire looks literally exactly as I had pictured it--pinstripes, the Imperial insignia and just a splash of red. I think it's awesome that you used the font from "Shadows of the Empire," and it looks great on a uniform. Curious to see who the next New York team will be!

Overall I like what you did with the Jedi, but I think your use of color could use some work. For one thing, I would drop the brown outlines on all of the jerseys except for the Episode VII and Rogue One alts. The shade of blue you used contrasts enough with the green drop shadows that the brown just muddles it up. Also, the sand wordmarks on the blue and green alts look very odd, so I would replace them with the Jedi logo. I do like that the sleeve and pants piping resembles a glowing lightsaber!

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Wow, the Empire looks literally exactly as I had pictured it--pinstripes, the Imperial insignia and just a splash of red. I think it's awesome that you used the font from "Shadows of the Empire," and it looks great on a uniform. Curious to see who the next New York team will be!

Overall I like what you did with the Jedi, but I think your use of color could use some work. For one thing, I would drop the brown outlines on all of the jerseys except for the Episode VII and Rogue One alts. The shade of blue you used contrasts enough with the green drop shadows that the brown just muddles it up. Also, the sand wordmarks on the blue and green alts look very odd, so I would replace them with the Jedi logo. I do like that the sleeve and pants piping resembles a glowing lightsaber!

So maybe something like this? I guess I'm just trying to pack too much into one set; this is much more simplified.

Minnesota Jedi Home.pngMinnesota Jedi Away.pngMinnesota Jedi Alternate 1.pngMinnesota Jedi Alternate 2.png

Minnesota Jedi Episode VII Alternate.pngMinnesota Jedi Rogue One Alternate.png

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Much, MUCH better. The wordmarks look much cleaner this way. I kind of miss the brown, but it's tough balancing three colors (blue, green, and brown) with a cream and sand colored home and road uniform, so this is probably for the best.

And white too, yea.

Anyone else?

Great job with the Empire, it's perfect. Just what I would expect from my hometown team. And that Rogue One Jedi??

Not sure about the color on the road, I mean I get why you picked that color, but I'm not sure it goes well with that shade of blue and green. It's like the 3 colors are competing for my attention (but it works well for Episode VII). I don't know if that makes sense.

Overall, excellent job. 

1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great job with the Empire, it's perfect. Just what I would expect from my hometown team. And that Rogue One Jedi??

Not sure about the color on the road, I mean I get why you picked that color, but I'm not sure it goes well with that shade of blue and green. It's like the 3 colors are competing for my attention (but it works well for Episode VII). I don't know if that makes sense.

Overall, excellent job. 

Maybe a nice balance of the two? I totally get what you're saying, but the Padres one looks slightly too brown to me. The most difficult part is that my computer portrays certain colors so much differently than my phone does, so it's hard to get exactly what I want. Here's a stab at it:

Minnesota Jedi Away.pngMinnesota Jedi Alternate 2.png

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Maybe a nice balance of the two? I totally get what you're saying, but the Padres one looks slightly too brown to me. The most difficult part is that my computer portrays certain colors so much differently than my phone does, so it's hard to get exactly what I want. Here's a stab at it:

Minnesota Jedi Away.pngMinnesota Jedi Alternate 2.png

This does look much better. More natural. Can we see the Episode VII alt in that shade?

12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Yep.

Any other comments on the series so far would be appreciated!

Yes! Can't wait to see which city it is. I'm going to predict San Diego. 

I'd definitely buy Yoda jersey! Nice job revisiting the Jedi, last version is a beauty!

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

This does look much better. More natural. Can we see the Episode VII alt in that shade?

Since this set has had a couple of different tweaks along the way, here is the final set all in one place:

Minnesota Jedi Home.pngMinnesota Jedi Away.pngMinnesota Jedi Alternate 1.pngMinnesota Jedi Alternate 2.pngMinnesota Jedi Episode VII Alternate.pngMinnesota Jedi Rogue One Alternate.png

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yes! Can't wait to see which city it is. I'm going to predict San Diego.

Close.

3 hours ago, Pulv! said:

I'd definitely buy Yoda jersey! Nice job revisiting the Jedi, last version is a beauty!

Thank you, I appreciate it!

I'm going to wait a little longer than usual to post today's two teams, just to give some time for hopefully some more comments about the series as a whole so far, or any specific things that you might like/dislike!

Alright welp, haha I guess I might as well post today's two teams then.

First up are the New York Metropolitans:

Uniforms

New York Metropolitans Home.pngNew York Metropolitans Away.pngNew York Metropolitans Alternate 1.pngNew York Metropolitans Alternate 2.png

-One of my personal favorite locations in all of Star Wars, this set takes inspiration from the mining Cloud City on the planet Bespin. Of course, being in New York also helps this big city branding very much.

-The overall look is definitely very art deco, from the fonts to the numbers to the striping.

-The colors orange and blue are not there just because of their inspiration from the Mets, but also because Empire Strikes Back as a movie also shifts from a very blue aesthetic on Hoth to a very orange one on Cloud City (although Cloud City has a lot of blue as well).

-The away uniform is a lighter powder blue, in order to represent the sky and also because I think it looks good with orange.

-The name and wordmark font is called "Anna," and the number font is fittingly called "Metropolis." The wordmark was nearly the Metropolis font as well, but to me it seemed a bit much.

-The striping is inspired somewhat by the look of the number font, tying everything together.

-No new movie alternates, as Cloud City's only appearance is in Empire.

Next up are the Oakland Tusken Raiders:

Uniforms

Oakland Tusken Raiders Home.pngOakland Tusken Raiders Away.pngOakland Tusken Raiders Alternate 1.pngOakland Tusken Raiders Alternate 2.png

-The name, like the Atlanta Falcons, was an easy choice to tie in with the football team.

-The colors are the simple tan and brown of the tusken raiders, with some added gray/silver because of the eye goggles on the face.

-The home is off-white, but the away is gray to differentiate form some other sand-themed teams.

-The hat features a Tusken Raider surrounded by a letter 'O.'

-The font is called "Sand Bureau," and has that sort of unprofessionalism that I was looking for with this team.

-Along with a tan home alternate is a brown away alternate, which has gray lettering somewhat like the Mets alternate, in order to match the hat.

-Tusken Raiders were only in A New Hope and the prequels, so once again no new movie alternates.

I'd really love to get some more reception, good or bad, about the teams in this series thus far!

The Mets (er, Metropolitans ;)) look wonderful. Star Wars-themed or not this is just a flat-out great looking uniform set. Heck, change what the wordmarks read and this would be a great look for the Marlins. The only suggestion I have is to pair the navy alt with the road pants and the orange alt with the home pants.

The Tusken Raiders are interesting, to say the least. I like the earthy, desert color scheme. However, I think it would look better if the home jerseys simply said "Raiders" instead of "Tusken Raiders." I also think you should lose the "O" on the cap and just have the logo be a larger version of the Tusken head. There's too much detail in the Tusken mask/face for the logo to be so small and the "O" just looks a little awkward.

On a side note, something  I've never been able to figure out is what color the wraps around the Sand People's heads are supposed to be--sometimes I've seen them as tan, other times as a sort of army fatigue green. Obviously the green would really change the look of your whole set and would make them more closely resemble the A's.

7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Tusken Raiders are interesting, to say the least. I like the earthy, desert color scheme. However, I think it would look better if the home jerseys simply said "Raiders" instead of "Tusken Raiders." I also think you should lose the "O" on the cap and just have the logo be a larger version of the Tusken head. There's too much detail in the Tusken mask/face for the logo to be so small and the "O" just looks a little awkward.

On a side note, something  I've never been able to figure out is what color the wraps around the Sand People's heads are supposed to be--sometimes I've seen them as tan, other times as a sort of army fatigue green. Obviously the green would really change the look of your whole set and would make them more closely resemble the A's.

Maybe something like this? I couldn't get the logo to work, so I tried using just the eyes instead on the cap.

Oakland Tusken Raiders Home.pngOakland Tusken Raiders Away.pngOakland Tusken Raiders Alternate 1.pngOakland Tusken Raiders Alternate 2.png

I'm just gonna go ahead and post today's two teams, first up is the Philadelphia Republic!

Uniforms

Philadelphia Republic Home.pngPhiladelphia Republic Away.pngPhiladelphia Republic Alternate 1.pngPhiladelphia Republic Alternate 2.pngPhiladelphia Republic Episode VII Alternate.png

-As previously said, inspired by this city being the first capital of the United States, Philadelphia is named the Republic.

-The colors are the old Phillies colors, maroon and light blue, which I thought worked for the set.

-The Republic insignia is significant throughout the set, with the dashed piping inspired by it. 

-The font is called "Old Republic" and I thought it looked very stoic and political in a way.

-Maroon and light blue alternates are featured, the latter of which probably shouldn't be worn against the Empire.

-The Force Awakens alternate utilizes elements of the New Republic logo, and blue and yellow seemed to be commonly used with it so I included those.

Next up are the Pittsburgh Smugglers!

Uniforms

Pittsburgh Smugglers Home.pngPittsburgh Smugglers Away.pngPittsburgh Smugglers Alternate 1.pngPittsburgh Smugglers Alternate 2.pngPittsburgh Smugglers Episode VII Alternate.png

-Obviously taking a lot from the Pirates, the Smugglers name was an easy choice.

-I knew I wanted the font to be Western-looking, since he is a character very much inspired by westerns, as his upcoming standalone movie will.

-The vest look is inspired by Han Solo's own vest, with some added piping.

-The away is the same dusty gray used in the Bounty Hunters set.

-Like my actual Pirates concept, all yellow and all black elements can be mixed and matched with different uniforms.

-The Force Awakens alternate is inspired by his Episode VII outfit, with an added DL-44 and letter "P" logo.

Let me know what you think!

Archived