Star Wars Baseball (Toronto Tauntauns & Washington Senators, Series Finished)

MJD7

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I think the bill on the Rogue One alt's cap should be red, though. 

Here is what that looks like:
Tampa Bay Force Rogue One Alternate Proposal.png

18 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Looking at it again, what if you angled the wordmark on the TB road and road alt like this

Reminds me of the Empire Strikes Back logo:

Tampa Bay Force Away Proposal.pngTampa Bay Force Alternate 2 Proposal.png

Last two teams of the series today!

First up are the Toronto Tauntauns!

Uniforms

Toronto Tauntauns Home.pngToronto Tauntauns Away.pngToronto Tauntauns Alternate 1.pngToronto Tauntauns Alternate 2.png

-Say this name ten times fast.

-Knowing I had to name one of the teams the Tauntauns, I thought this worked, since Toronto is a very cold place. The navy and columbia were chosen to represent that freezing cold of Hoth at night, and the unique pink was chosen because... well, if you've seen Empire Strikes Back, you probably know.

-The font is one that is full of horns, because of the look of a tauntaun. Some pink is added as the innermost layer to add a little flair.

Next up and last but definitely not least are the Washington Senators!

Uniforms

Washington Senators Home.pngWashington Senators Away.pngWashington Senators Alternate 1.pngWashington Senators Alternate 2.pngWashington Senators Episode VII Alternate.pngWashington Senators Rogue One Alternate.png

-Purple and white is such a simple, underrated color scheme, so I knew I wanted to put it somewhere.

-The striping is reminiscent of a type of necklace that a senator like Mon Mothma or Princess Leia would wear, so I incorporated it into the overall set.

-The font is a simple cursive, without any outline other than one singular dropshadow. It creates a quite modern look, at least I feel.

-The Force Awakens alternate honors the late Carrie Fisher's Princess Leia... Although at that point in the timeline she is neither a princess nor a senator. I thought the color scheme worked though, and a little bit of added green worked to its benefit.

-The Rogue One alternate is based off of the tan-looking uniform worn by Bail Organa (who is *minor spoiler* in the movie) as played by Jimmy Smits.

That's all for now folks, big thanks to anyone who followed the series in any way!

The Toronto Tauntauns...Haha! I really like the unique color scheme for this team. The road set is probably the best of the bunch, but the pink alt is hurting my eyes. It would probably look better if the wordmark was white with navy inner lines. I also think it would've been cool if you had made the player names Rebels from the Battle of Hoth like Rieekan and McQuarrie. 

The Senators look nice. I'm just curious why you didn't incorporate the Galactic Senate seal. All in all I think what these last two teams are missing is some Star Wars-specific imagery. I think at least utilizing the Senate seal for Washington (as the cap logo, and maybe as a crest on one of the alts) would go a long way. 

On 1/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, coco1997 said:

The Toronto Tauntauns...Haha! I really like the unique color scheme for this team. The road set is probably the best of the bunch, but the pink alt is hurting my eyes. It would probably look better if the wordmark was white with navy inner lines. I also think it would've been cool if you had made the player names Rebels from the Battle of Hoth like Rieekan and McQuarrie. 

I tried both white and light blue for the wordmark, and neither of them really worked for me so I just took the pink alternate out. And also, thanks for the name suggestions, I changed those in the original post.

On 1/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, coco1997 said:

The Senators look nice. I'm just curious why you didn't incorporate the Galactic Senate seal. All in all I think what these last two teams are missing is some Star Wars-specific imagery. I think at least utilizing the Senate seal for Washington (as the cap logo, and maybe as a crest on one of the alts) would go a long way. 

I saw that logo, but I couldn't find a vector version for the life of me. I found a way to make the one you linked work, so here is a set that incorporates the logo a little more:

Washington Senators Home.pngWashington Senators Away.pngWashington Senators Alternate 2.pngWashington Senators Alternate 1.pngWashington Senators Episode VII Alternate.pngWashington Senators Rogue One Alternate.png

35 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I tried both white and light blue for the wordmark, and neither of them really worked for me so I just took the pink alternate out. And also, thanks for the name suggestions, I changed those in the original post.

I saw that logo, but I couldn't find a vector version for the life of me. I found a way to make the one you linked work, so here is a set that incorporates the logo a little more:

Washington Senators Home.pngWashington Senators Away.pngWashington Senators Alternate 1.pngWashington Senators Alternate 2.pngWashington Senators Episode VII Alternate.pngWashington Senators Rogue One Alternate.png

I never got to see the pink alt! Can you repost it separate from the rest?

17 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I never got to see the pink alt! Can you repost it separate from the rest?

Here is the original attempt:

Toronto Tauntauns Alternate 3.png

14 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I'm not feeling the Senate logo behind the "W." I would just drop the "W" altogether and use the Senate seal to make the whole concept more Star Wars-y. 

I updated the original post.

On 1/5/2017 at 10:19 PM, ~Bear said:

On the pink Tautauns alternate, a variant of the home script similar to the 2nd alternate's script might look better and pop out more. Instead of pink I'd use navy in the very middle. 

I tried that, but I felt it didn't work just because there's too much bright color now. Here are maybe a couple other options too, but I'm personally fine with just taking it out of the set:

Toronto Tauntauns Alternate 3.pngToronto Tauntauns Alternate 3 Proposal 1.pngToronto Tauntauns Alternate 3 Proposal 2.png

23 hours ago, coco1997 said:

@MJD7, this is pretty close to the "paw" logo for the Wampas I was talking about:

If anyone would want to look back at page 3 of this series, I recolored that paw logo and utilized it as a hat & patch for that set. 

Also, it might not look very good, but on that same page I added a hood on the Ewok for the Chicago set, as @JMtexan09 recommended to do.

23 hours ago, Bruins said:

You did a great job with all of these, the best part being that no two teams really look alike. Fantastic work on this series

Thank you, I appreciate it! That was definitely the main goal if there ever was one. And the idea did come from your series, after all!

Archived