Star Wars Baseball (Toronto Tauntauns & Washington Senators, Series Finished)

MJD7

Alright, big post coming...

Here is the full redwood Ewoks set for now:

I might make it a lighter shade as a possible compromise, to provide more contrast.

Chicago Ewoks Home.pngChicago Ewoks Away.pngChicago Ewoks Alternate 1.png

Here is the split-style set for the Stormtroopers.

Chicago Stormtroopers Home Proposal.pngChicago Stormtroopers Away Proposal.pngChicago Stormtroopers Alternate 1 Proposal.pngChicago Stormtroopers Episode VII Alternate Proposal.pngChicago Stormtroopers Rogue One Alternate Proposal.png

I also made the outline of the logo on the black cap white for both sets for better visibility.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I'm going to make a prediction for Cincinnati...The Redrobes

No, that's a good idea though, and maybe I could change it to that if it's better than what I came up with. The team name for Cincinnati as of right now doesn't really connect with the MLB team or anything about the city. 

I did use those guards as a little bit of a play on words for a different city though...

And also, on the topic of team names, I might need an idea for a name of the Philadelphia team, as the one I have right now is probably too similar to another one. Anyone feel free to chime in with an idea if you have one!

16 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

And also, on the topic of team names, I might need an idea for a name of the Philadelphia team, as the one I have right now is probably too similar to another one. Anyone feel free to chime in with an idea if you have one!

Hmmm. Well, the first thing I think of when I think of the Phillies is the Bell, and that makes me think of sirens, which makes me think of the famous Star Wars klaxons. So, the Philadelphia Klaxons? I don't know...What name were you planning on using for Philly? 

34 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Hmmm. Well, the first thing I think of when I think of the Phillies is the Bell, and that makes me think of sirens, which makes me think of the famous Star Wars klaxons. So, the Philadelphia Klaxons? I don't know...What name were you planning on using for Philly? 

Right now it's the Republic, with Philadelphia being America's former capital. I'm thinking it's too close to the Senators name.

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Right now it's the Republic, with Philadelphia being America's former capital. I'm thinking it's too close to the Senators name.

I think the name is fine. Consider that "Yankees" and "Nationals" are both synonyms for Americans. But if you're inclined to change it, how about the Philadelphia Resistance? 

I hope also you end up naming one of the teams the "Walkers," since it has a double meaning for both Star Wars and baseball. 

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I think the name is fine. Consider that "Yankees" and "Nationals" are both synonyms for Americans. But if you're inclined to change it, how about the Philadelphia Resistance? 

I hope also you end up naming one of the teams the "Walkers," since it has a double meaning for both Star Wars and baseball. 

Ok. I've had some other possible ideas since:

-Bothans ("Many Bothans died to bring us this information")

-Ugnaughts (these creatures that were apparently in Cloud City during ESB)

-Bith (The musicians in the Mos Eisley Cantina)

-Twi'leks (like Bib Fortuna in ROJ)

-and although Philadelphia isn't a beach area (which would be ideal) I think it would be cool to have a team called the Rogues, because of Rogue One. I might be able to move some other names around in order to accommodate.

Also, I do plan on using the Walkers name.

On 12/23/2016 at 1:34 PM, Topherlee2 said:

I've got an idea for a Kansas City team that can connect with Royals and Monarchs baseball teams. How about the Kansas City Knights with a color scheme of green and blue?

You actually just guessed the name of today's team, so I figure I might as well post them now!

Here are the Cincinnati Knights!

Uniforms

Cincinnati Knights Home.pngCincinnati Knights Away.pngCincinnati Knights Alternate 1.pngCincinnati Knights Alternate 2.pngCincinnati Knights Episode VII Alternate.png

-Inspired by the Knights of Ren, these uniforms features a very dark color scheme and intimidating fonts.

-There is a contrast between the straight looking, knightly wordmark and the rugged, rough appearance of the lightsaber striping, but yet both feel very evil, which is inspired by this very same contrast in Kylo Ren's personality.

-I wanted this color scheme to be very spooky and ominous, so I thought black, purple, and red would be a nice choice.

- The striping on the sleeves splits to form that crossbar unique to Kylo Ren's lightsaber.

-The names on the away and alternates are from the only concept art of the Knights of Ren seen thus far, which spawned a very interesting theory about Rogue One before its release...

-The Force Awakens alternate takes the all-black look of Kylo Ren and runs with it. Purple is taken out of this uniform to further emphasize the red lightsaber.

I understand this is probably the most unconventional set so far and probably needs some work, so any comments or criticisms about it are welcome!

8 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

You actually just guessed the name of today's team, so I figure I might as well post them now!

Here are the Cincinnati Knights!

I just took a shot in the dark with that guess. Now I guess I'll have to come up with a different team name for KC, unless you already have one. By the way, great work so far!

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

6 minutes ago, Topherlee2 said:

I just took a shot in the dark with that guess. Now I guess I'll have to come up with a different team name for KC, unless you already have one. By the way, great work so far!

I appreciate it! I do have a name for the Kansas City team, and it does connect to the Royals like you mentioned. Hopefully you'll like it.

The Knights look pretty good. I understand what you're trying to accomplish with the jagged/uneven red stripes, but I'm not sure how successful it is. Also, the black wordmark on the purple alt is very muddled-looking. I'd go with white letters. 

For Houston, how about the Asteroids? 

43 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Knights look pretty good. I understand what you're trying to accomplish with the jagged/uneven red stripes, but I'm not sure how successful it is. Also, the black wordmark on the purple alt is very muddled-looking. I'd go with white letters. 

For Houston, how about the Asteroids? 

Yea, I'd tend to agree. I did the purple jersey in white letters, which looks a lot better now.

Cincinatti Knights Alternate 2.png

As for Houston, that's a good idea. I have a name that I like ready now, but I'll see what you all think after I post them.

Also, I'm gonna post two extra teams ahead of time because of the holidays!

Here are the Cleveland Jawas!

Uniforms

Cleveland Jawas Home.pngCleveland Jawas Away.pngCleveland Jawas Alternate 1.pngCleveland Jawas Alternate 2.png

-I originally wanted to make this team brown and orange because of Cleveland, but another team will have that scheme later.

-All the hat need I felt were the classic bulging yellow eyes staring out of the brown hood.

-The trim is taken from my Braves set because I felt it matched the Jawas' strap-things that they have well.

-The away is all brown and is probably the best representation of an actual Jawa outfit.

-There is an admittedly BFBS alternate, but there is also a yellow alternate to balance it out.

-Like the Ewoks and the next team, there are no Force Awakens or Rogue One alternates.

And here is the other team, the Colorado Wampas!

Uniforms

Colorado Wampas Home.pngColorado Wampas Away.pngColorado Wampas Alternate 1.png

-I love light blue and red as a color scheme. Light blue was chosen because of the iciness of Hoth, and red was chosen because of the bloodthirsty Wampa.

-I didn't realize it until after, but I guess this set was also subliminally inspired by the 'Icee' branding.

-The unique striping is of the icicles that make up the Wampa's cave at the top and bottom.

-The font is called "Monsters Attack!" which is exactly what the Wampa did to Luke in Episode V, funnily enough.

-This is a pretty experimental thing, but the way the icicles are at the end of the pant makes it almost look like the pants are torn (possibly by a Wampa claw), creating a more rugged look. I kind of doubt people will like this, but it's worth a shot.

I hope everyone has a safe and merry Christmas!

Nice updates! 

I like the earthy color scheme for the Jawas. What font did you use for the wordmarks? It would be nice if you could get the '70s Indians font as it's pretty close to the one you used but just a little more 'professional' looking.

The Wampas also look very cool. Very minor league-esque, which I assume is what you were going for. One thing I would like to see that I'm surprised you didn't include is a Wampa paw/claw for the cap logo. I'm pretty sure at least one MiLB team has a paw/claw logo which could easily be recolored to fit the scheme you created. Just an idea. The other thing is that the icicles on the pant cuffs almost look like EKG readings. 

I'm sure you've already completed or nearly completed Detroit, but "Bothans" would work well for them, since they're a feline species. 

In my opinion, by far the best part of the jawas set is the hat. That's awesome. And the brown set works perfectly too, it's an identical homage to the jawas themselves. They're my favorite set so far. The Wampas look good too, I also like their hat, although I don't think the away set needs blue pants. What are your plans for Boston?

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived