Star Wars Baseball (Toronto Tauntauns & Washington Senators, Series Finished)

MJD7

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Beautiful work on the Republic. That second alt is a thing of beauty! 

I really like the heavily Pirates-inspired Smugglers, as well. Since this set is somewhat influenced by Han Solo, maybe the pants striping should be segmented, like Han's pants

I was seriously considering doing that. Should I do it even though it wouldn't match the rest of the set?

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I was seriously considering doing that. Should I do it even though it wouldn't match the rest of the set?

Hey, if the D-Backs can have stripes that end halfway down their pants, I think the Smugglers can have stripes that don't match the rest of their uniforms. ;)

I'm just gonna post today's two teams while I can!

First up are the San Diego Scavengers!

Uniforms

San Diego Scavengers Home.pngSan Diego Scavengers Away.pngSan Diego Scavengers Alternate 1.png

San Diego Scavengers Alternate 2.png

San Diego Scavengers Episode VII Alternate.png

-This set is inspired by the immediately iconic Rey from Episode VII.

-The colors chosen wouldn't be a bad combo for San Diego's real team.

-The font is from The Force Awakens logo

-The Force Awakens alternate uses more sandy tones to more accurately reflect Rey's outfit.

Next up are the San Francisco Wookies!

Uniforms

San Francisco Wookies Home.pngSan Francisco Wookies Away.png

San Francisco Wookies Alternate 1.pngSan Francisco Wookies Alternate 2.pngSan Francisco Wookies Episode VII.png

-One of the most unique color schemes in the series, it almost reminds me of a Reeses peanut butter cup, but also fits the fur of a Wookie.

-The font is very "furry" and the striping is based off of Chewbacca's strap.

-The Force Awakens alternate takes out the added orange and puts silver in its place to more accurately reflect Chewbacca.

C&C appreciated!

Loving the '70s look of the Scavengers! 

The Wookies turned out really great, too. I wonder if the road and road alt would look better with the "SF" logo on the chest instead of the 'San Francisco' wordmark? 

Really curious to see what you do with Seattle and St. Louis.

Small thing but the Han Solo pants have been added in Pittsburgh's original post.

14 hours ago, StrongXStyle said:

I love the font for the wookies. Great job on the concepts!

Thank you!

14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Loving the '70s look of the Scavengers! 

The Wookies turned out really great, too. I wonder if the road and road alt would look better with the "SF" logo on the chest instead of the 'San Francisco' wordmark? 

Really curious to see what you do with Seattle and St. Louis.

Here is a sample of the road alt with the "SF." I'll let you guys decide:

San Francisco Wookies Alternate 2 Proposal.png

14 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

You gotta go with Seattle Pilots, hehe.

I almost did! The only reason I'm not is because I already based Boston's Rebels off of the pilot uniform.

12 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

This series: brown, brown everywhere! (That's a good thing.)

Yea, haha there really is! I guess brown just fits well in the overall Star Wars aesthetic.

Uploading today's two teams, first of which is the Seattle Rodians!

Uniforms

Seattle Rodians Home.pngSeattle Rodians Away.pngSeattle Rodians Alternate 1.pngSeattle Rodians Alternate 2.png

-Taking a queue from both Seattle's real team & Greedo's skin for the main color teal, this set is inspired by Greedo's species.

-The uniforms utilize the colors of his uniform-light blue and tan.

-The stripe running down the side is also inspired by this uniform.

-The font is called "InsideMan," which is actually the Ant-Man font. I'm kind of iffy about this one, so let me know if there are any suggestions.

-The 2nd alternate utilizes the pale yellow that is seen on Greedo's outfit, a color I tried to incorporate more into the larger set but couldn't. This uniform is the most accurate color-wise.

-No one-off alternates.

Now here are the St. Louis X-Wings!

Uniforms

St. Louis X-Wings Home.pngSt. Louis X-Wings Away.pngSt. Louis X-Wings Alternate 1.png

St. Louis X-Wings Alternate 2.pngSt. Louis X-Wings Episode VII Alternate.pngSt. Louis X-Wings Rogue One Alternate.png

-The X-Wings are my absolute favorite vehicles in all of Star Wars, so I knew I wanted to fit them somewhere.

-The color scheme is red, gray, and a little bit of yellow, like the Red Squadron X-Wings.

-The alternate logo might be too spot on, but the Cardinals don't really use their logo like that.

-The striping is inspired by the colored lines seen on X-Wings.

-The Force Awakens alternate is based off of Poe Dameron's awesome black and orange X-Wing.

-The Rogue One alternate is based off of the Blue Squadron that appears, which is what George Lucas intended to have in the original Star Wars. I made it cream because of the beach planet Scarif featured in the movie.

I'd appreciate any comments/criticisms!

This might be my favorite pair of teams you've posted. I was wondering what you were going to do with Seattle, and you didn't disappoint! Such a unique color scheme. The wordmarks look fantastic, in my opinion. Not sure if this was intentional or not but the first alt says "Greedos" instead of "Rodians." :lol:

The X-Wings are another winner. The simple "X" logo is pretty bada$$ and the second alt, Episode VII and Rogue One alts are all standouts. The only element I'm not really feeling is the white wordmark and numbers on the road set. 

Can't wait to see what you've done with Tampa and Texas! 

30 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

This might be my favorite pair of teams you've posted. I was wondering what you were going to do with Seattle, and you didn't disappoint! Such a unique color scheme. The wordmarks look fantastic, in my opinion. Not sure if this was intentional or not but the first alt says "Greedos" instead of "Rodians." :lol:

The X-Wings are another winner. The simple "X" logo is pretty bada$$ and the second alt, Episode VII and Rogue One alts are all standouts. The only element I'm not really feeling is the white wordmark and numbers on the road set. 

Can't wait to see what you've done with Tampa and Texas! 

Thanks! And woops, haha Greedos was going to be the original name, but that didn't sound right; luckily I found out that Greedo had a species name that worked.

Anyone else?

21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The only element I'm not really feeling is the white wordmark and numbers on the road set. 

11 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

They both look really good. I second what Coco said about the white wordmark.

Here is a version with a red wordmark:

St. Louis X-Wings Away Proposal.png

I'm also gonna post today's two teams while I can.

First up, the Tampa Bay Force!

Uniforms

Tampa Bay Force Home.pngTampa Bay Force Away.pngTampa Bay Force Alternate 1.pngTampa Bay Force Alternate 2.pngTampa Bay Force Episode VII Alternate .pngTampa Bay Force Rogue One Alternate .png

-Inspired by Tampa being close to "The Swamp" and the colors fitting well with the area, I named Tampa Bay the Force, which so far has been best explained in Dagobah's own swamp in Empire.

-This is the team that is rewarded the iconic Star Wars font, because I felt the Force best epitomizes the saga.

-This is kind of a mix of Tulane and USF's identites in a way, with Tulane's colors (which I love) and USF's use of gradient.

-I used the Astro's striping from my concept because I felt it best conveys the verberations and movements of the Force, the kind of "presence" it has over the story that I'm having a tough time explaining.

-The Force Awakens alternate utilizes the major elements of the movie's branding, with the split sides blue and red, along with the yellow lettering on a black background.

-The Rogue One alternate is based off of the spiritual warrior Chirrut Îmwe, who was my personal favorite character of the movie. It features the black, red, and tan seen on his outfit, along with a little light blue inspired by his eyes.

Now here are the Texas Walkers!

Uniforms

Texas Walkers Home.pngTexas Walkers Away.pngTexas Walkers Alternate 1.pngTexas Walkers Alternate 2.pngTexas Walkers Rogue One Alternate.png

-I had a tough time with this set. It was difficult to find a color other than gray to use, but luckily Rogue One showed the new walkers with orange/old gold cargo panels, so I added that, along with a little black. This scheme also fits the Texas western kind of feel I was going for.

-It was also hard to find a reasonable pattern to use for striping, since the walkers are very uniquely designed, so I just figured I might as well use some pinstripes for the home.

-The hat is a simple silhouette of an AT-AT walker.

-This is certainly an experiment... Along with the regular outline this set features a dashed outline around the outside of the wordmark, inspired by the sort of "toes" of an AT-AT foot if you will.

-I wanted this gold to be a unique and sort of soothing color, so hopefully you all like it.

-The Rogue One alternate is basically the road, the only differences are that there's more gold, it says "Walkers," the striping was inversed and some sand was added because of the beach.

All C&C is appreciated!

I was wondering if and when you were going to use the classic Star Wars font, and it fits perfectly for a team called the Force. I love the gradient patterns on the side panels and pant striping. I think the bill on the Rogue One alt's cap should be red, though. 

Really liking the color scheme for the Walkers, and I'm glad another team gets pinstripes! Not sure how successful the outlines around the wordmarks are, but it's a unique idea. 

Can't wait to see what you do with Toronto and the Senators. Sad that this series is almost over! 

P.S. The tweaked St. Louis road set looks much better. 

3 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

This is an extremely cool concept.  I'd love to see a larger, more visible cap logo so that we can see better your designs.  The Falcon being the stand-in for an A was an incredible stroke of genius, but I feel it gets lost on the uniform at such small size.

Thank you, I appreciate it! I'll work on a way to be able to show the caps up close, especially if there are any specifics you maybe have in mind along with Atlanta.

Archived