The 'Center goes "Old School"

JamesCraven

Next Sunday [8/8], Dan Patrick will be reunited with current "Late Late Show" host Craig Kilborn as "SportsCenter" will go "Old School" heading toward ESPN's seemingly never-ending 25th Anniversary climax. The question is "Who'd you like to see be reunited for a 'Old School SportsCenter'"?

The only two I'd like to see are Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann (which may not be possible because of the NBC coverage of the Athens Olympics on sixty-two NBC/Universal networks on over-the-air and cable) and Rich Eisen and Stuart Scott.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Wow, I would go nuts if Olbermann came back.

They need to get Kenny Mayne back behind the desk (:cursing:) and reunite Rich Eisen and Stuart Scott (the only way I could stand either of the two).

I hope they saved the old brown and beige set too.

Patrick and Olberman was the best SC team ever.

Amen.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Scott and Kilborn were great together... Scott and Eisen were even better... but no one beats the ol' Big Show with Dan and Keith.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Personally, I liked the Landsberg-Dutchyshen pairing myself. Then James Duthie and ol' Double D. The more recent SportsCentral pairing of Toth and Campbell ranks very highly, despite the SportsNet's inability to put together the quality front end TSN does.

A quick apology to all the Yanks who have no clue who the heck these folks are.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Personally, I liked the Landsberg-Dutchyshen pairing myself. Then James Duthie and ol' Double D. The more recent SportsCentral pairing of Toth and Campbell ranks very highly, despite the SportsNet's inability to put together the quality front end TSN does.

A quick apology to all the Yanks who have no clue who the heck these folks are.

I agree, especially on Toth/Campbell -- both those guys are great people off camera.

I would love to see Dan Shulman and Buck Martinez call a Jays game together again, what a wonderful PBP team that was.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

"I would love to see Dan Shulman and Buck Martinez call a Jays game together again, what a wonderful PBP team that was."

I think they've done an ESPN game or two. Besides folks, we're talking ESPN here, NOT TSN kids. If you wanna start talking about TSN, start your own Canadian-only thread.

"I would love to see Dan Shulman and Buck Martinez call a Jays game together again, what a wonderful PBP team that was."

I think they've done an ESPN game or two. Besides folks, we're talking ESPN here, NOT TSN kids. If you wanna start talking about TSN, start your own Canadian-only thread.

Woah, woah woah... when did I give the inmates control of the asylum? ;)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

"I friend". :cursing:

Someone who 1) doesn't know the meaning of the word "tact" and 2) doesn't know a lick of French.

It's mon ami, mon ami. <_<

Back on topic, I'd love to see the Big Show of Olbermann and Patrick reunited. Oh well, at least we're getting Kilborn back, so that's something.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Just saw the TV ad. They're bringing back Berman, Kilborn, Greg Gumbel, Bob Ley, Charlie Steiner and two more anchors whose names escape my mind right now. I would have wish they brought back Eisen and Mayne.

THREECOLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

The others are Gayle Gardner and George Grande (now a Cincinnati Reds telecaster). As far as Messers. Berman and Ley, they have something called "seniority" because they've been at ESPN the longest.

Archived