17 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Is there a generic cat? Like for Arizona Kentucky Kansas State?

If you check in here http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/91044-vintage-college-mascot-logos/ there may not be one across all, but there may some "criss-cross-over".

10 hours ago, niko42 said:

I've been following your thread, pretty awesome stuff! I know you've got a list your working down but just wanted to toss this at you for consideration on the list because it's a pretty awesome logo that actually could use an update. The Colorado State Rams when the were called the Aggies have since done a pallet swap but the new logo they have is nothing compared  to the original.

f7Mddz5.png0om32ad.jpgg1YZiNe.png

Those bottom two are actually modern, made for New Belgium Brewing. https://www.johnbell.studio/graphics/

The top one has been re-worked by other designers and even GIFed:

fb17_ramruckus_animation_dribbble.gif

I'm trying to stick to schools that have no, minimal, or bad vintage logos already or under-represented mascots, but I wouldn't count me out of swinging back around to do some of these for fun.

I can't find the photo, but back when Missouri State was known as SMSU they had a vintage logo of a bear running through a U, unfortunately it made it look like it was running through a J.

6 hours ago, 1991 said:

I can't find the photo, but back when Missouri State was known as SMSU they had a vintage logo of a bear running through a U, unfortunately it made it look like it was running through a J.

This one?

homecoming.jpgsmsu-74114120.jpg

Found these too;

logo.ashx?sid=74114122logo.ashx?sid=74114121

2 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Speaking of SMSUs. Southwest Minnesota State has never had a vintage mascot. It would be pretty cool if you could make Stanger into one

That would likely end up as a re-color of one of these:

vintagemustang2.png vintagemustang.png

The left wasn't in this thread i guess.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:30 PM, niko42 said:

I've been following your thread, pretty awesome stuff! I know you've got a list your working down but just wanted to toss this at you for consideration on the list because it's a pretty awesome logo that actually could use an update. The Colorado State Rams when the were called the Aggies have since done a pallet swap but the new logo they have is nothing compared  to the original.

f7Mddz5.png0om32ad.jpgg1YZiNe.png

On 2/5/2019 at 9:29 AM, hettinger_rl said:

If you check in here http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/91044-vintage-college-mascot-logos/ there may not be one across all, but there may some "criss-cross-over".

Those bottom two are actually modern, made for New Belgium Brewing. https://www.johnbell.studio/graphics/

The top one has been re-worked by other designers and even GIFed:

fb17_ramruckus_animation_dribbble.gif

I'm trying to stick to schools that have no, minimal, or bad vintage logos already or under-represented mascots, but I wouldn't count me out of swinging back around to do some of these for fun.

There's also this one:

s-l300.jpg

9 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

This one?

homecoming.jpgsmsu-74114120.jpg

Found these too;

logo.ashx?sid=74114122logo.ashx?sid=74114121yep that is the exact logo i was talking about, thanks!

On 9/6/2017 at 9:14 AM, hettinger_rl said:

Here's a Raccoon Mascot I cooked up yesterday.

Husker.png.81d4224f3018bfa345446ce966c2df8c.png

Underused animal IMO. Would make a great mascot for the Nebraska Cornhuskers and fit right into the BIG10. Nothing husks more corn than a raccoon!

Nah, we've already got Herbie Husker in both the original (retro) look and the modern redesign NU did back in the early 2000s.

dneb4408_1024fb_1024x1024.jpg?v=15124957HERBIE_HUSKER_03.jpg?v=1500587264

9 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Nah, we've already got Herbie Husker in both the original (retro) look and the modern redesign NU did back in the early 2000s.

dneb4408_1024fb_1024x1024.jpg?v=15124957HERBIE_HUSKER_03.jpg?v=1500587264

True. When kids in my class see the old Herbie they ask what team has Trump -as a cowboy- for a mascot.

6 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

True. When kids in my class see the old Herbie they ask what team has Trump -as a cowboy- for a mascot.

Build a wall and make Iowa pay for it! 

On 1/12/2019 at 6:57 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Can you try a St. Cloud State husky logo? maybe a modern take on the 80s or 90s logo.

Huskies-Logos.jpg?w=300&h=388.5714285714

So it's not St Cloud, but I did get a husky done:

Washington

spacer.png 

Had to add a hat!

spacer.png

Went back and made a St. Cloud:

spacer.png