MiLB "Hometown Collection"

Gothamite

hdr_team_logo_hometown.png

Am I the only one who didn't know this was a thing?  Minor League Baseball is now selling retro merchandise, what they're calling the "Hometown Collection"

Of particular interest to me are the two Madison, Wisconsin teams - the old Muskies and the Hatters, who were a one-year wonder when I was at the University (and who had the bestest name ever).

HattersHC_500.jpg  Muskies-left_500.jpg

Some of the teams and designs are very old - Ebbets Field Flannels old - but some are more recent.  And those are the more interesting ones to me.  Any Portland fans still missing baseball, they have this for you:

portland-back_500.jpg

I also like seeing the Queens Kings represented.  They were the one-year identity for Brooklyn Cyclones after moving from St. Catherine's and while waiting for the ballpark in Brooklyn to be finished.

Queensfront_500.jpg  59FIFTY_queensfront_500.jpg

What do you guys think?  Is this old news?  And what clubs would you like to see represented?

I was just looking over some of the Madison Hatters stuff at the Madison Parks Division (they played at Warner Park, a city park stadium where the Mallards now play). It's a fantastic name. I'd love the Mallards to do a throwback to that identity. 

The Thunder Bay Border Cats recently wore Whiskey Jack throwbacks, so it's not unheard of for a Northwoods League (collegiate) team to throw back to a Minor League identity. 

15 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I was just looking over some of the Madison Hatters stuff at the Madison Parks Division (they played at Warner Park, a city park stadium where the Mallards now play). It's a fantastic name. I'd love the Mallards to do a throwback to that identity. 

The Thunder Bay Border Cats recently wore Whiskey Jack throwbacks, so it's not unheard of for a Northwoods League (collegiate) team to throw back to a Minor League identity. 

The Mallards have worn Muskies throwbacks before, and used to sell the occasional Muskies cap.

muskies-jerseys.jpg

I could totally see them doing a Hatters throwback.  I was starting to think that I was the only one who remembered that team - it was only ever intended to be a one-year club, as they were moving from Illinois to Battle Creek, Michigan, and the stadium wasn't ready for them.  So they adopted a fantastic name that was doomed from the start, and I'm really sad nobody's ever picked up on it since.

Archived