The Pointless Realignment Outpost

Lee.

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Omaha Saints?

I ended up moving the Saints as I figured New Orleans wasn't going to be able to support pro sports anymore due to climate change taking a toll on the city's population. Just one more Katrina-type event and that city's gone (okay I'm exaggerating a bit but case in point) As for Omaha of all cities, I entertained several other major cities, I ruled out Texas and Oklahoma as I thought Jerry's son would oppose a team in those areas much like his father, I also considered Louisville, but I thought it be a better fit for an NBA Franchise than a NFL side. I ultimately decided on Omaha as it was a fast-growing metro area with a strong football heritage.

Other moves I wanted to address were putting the Dolphins in the AFC South, with the Jags gone and putting a team in Toronto, I figured it is more geographically fitting to put Miami in the South, while the Toronto team gets put in the East. I thought about putting Toronto in the north, but its mean breaking up the Ravens-Steelers Rivalry or the Browns Bengals Rivalry, which I wanted to keep intact. As well as the Bucs moving across I-4 to Orlando (More Tourism $$)

21 minutes ago, Jacobseye said:

I ended up moving the Saints as I figured New Orleans wasn't going to be able to support pro sports anymore due to climate change taking a toll on the city's population. Just one more Katrina-type event and that city's gone (okay I'm exaggerating a bit but case in point) As for Omaha of all cities, I entertained several other major cities, I ruled out Texas and Oklahoma as I thought Jerry's son would oppose a team in those areas much like his father, I also considered Louisville, but I thought it be a better fit for an NBA Franchise than a NFL side. I ultimately decided on Omaha as it was a fast-growing metro area with a strong football heritage.

Other moves I wanted to address were putting the Dolphins in the AFC South, with the Jags gone and putting a team in Toronto, I figured it is more geographically fitting to put Miami in the South, while the Toronto team gets put in the East. I thought about putting Toronto in the north, but its mean breaking up the Ravens-Steelers Rivalry or the Browns Bengals Rivalry, which I wanted to keep intact. As well as the Bucs moving across I-4 to Orlando (More Tourism $$)

😕 Confused Face Emoji

1 hour ago, Jacobseye said:

So basically New Orleans becomes the next Oakland?

23 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

So basically New Orleans becomes the next Oakland?

Sadly, that would pretty much be it for NOLA as a pro sports market. Regarding Oakland, I do have plans for it to be a sports city again in this series, most likely it's the MLS though I've been toying with the idea of the Sharks moving up there instead.

Revised 36 team NHL

Division A

Boston

Buffalo

Detroit

Montreal

Ottawa

Toronto

Division B

Columbus

New Jersey

NY Islanders