Best NFL city

vicfurth

Probably GB.

St. Louis is a good sports city, but football...eh. We like it, and a lot of people eat it up when the Rams are winning, but eh. I think it was fair to say that you need to have the team win once before you can say we had bad football fans in the first four years of suckiness. However, when things got bad after, a lot of bandwagoners were exposed. I also don't think people are as knowledable about the game as they could be.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bears fan here...unfortuanly...regretably...I have to say....green bay. (shudders) I never knew until I lived there. You guys are crazy. Its worse than freakin' HS games. You know when a town shuts down cause the local team is in the playoffs...that's WISCONSIN on every sunday. NOTHING IS OPEN except the bars.

My second pick is of course chicago. Its a hell of a sports town, even if all the teams suck. The city lives and dies by each team. Even the Fire have a good fan base.

and...the cowboys the most recongnizable logo? ITS A STAR!!! :wacko:

Im about 30 mins South of Titletown, and I can honestly say without a doubt or bias that Green Bay is in fact the best NFL city. As far as fans go I still think that GB fans are number one although there would be competiton from Oakland, Pittsburgh, and Philly, but when you talk a city as a whole without a doubt it is Green Bay.

Like some of you said other cities and fans are crazy for thier beloved teams, but at the end of the day Oakland has their Athletics, Pittsburgh has thier Penguins, and Philly has thier Sixers. When it comes to Green Bay we got our Packers along side our Gamblers (minor league hockey), Blizzard (Arena Football), and of course my hometown team, The Wisconsin TimberRattlers (minor league affiliate to the Mariners) producer of the legendary (debatable) Alex Rodriguez!

So anyways yeah Green Bay is above and beyond the rest when it comes to being the best NFL city!  :D

(Wow, look how off topic I got Packers -> A-Rod) ^_^

Green Bay might have other minor league/college teams, but for the most part, if it's not the Packers they want nothing to do with it.

The Gamblers are the one exception... funny, because a lot of people don't even know that the Gamblers are a lower level of hockey than St. Norbert (a D3 school in the Green Bay burbs).

But UWGB hoops never drew all that well when I lived there (though that might've changed now that they have the Resch Center). And I was extremely disapointed when I saw the Blizzard a couple months ago. I thought that because it was football they might've gotten amped for it, but the crowd was dead the whole game.

The Rattlers are more of an Appleton/Fox Cities team IMO. They never had much of a presence in Green Bay. Not that the Ratters need Green Bay though....

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Probably GB.

St. Louis is a good sports city, but football...eh. We like it, and a lot of people eat it up when the Rams are winning, but eh. I think it was fair to say that you need to have the team win once before you can say we had bad football fans in the first four years of suckiness. However, when things got bad after, a lot of bandwagoners were exposed. I also don't think people are as knowledable about the game as they could be.

Don't feel bad... IMO, y'all are the best city for baseball.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Green Bay and it isn't even close. As a Chiefs fan, I would also have to put any of the original AFL cities in the mix too. (Denver, Oakland, KC, Buffalo, even Houston)For the most part, the AFL teams were the among the first major pro team in their cities and fans have flocked to their games for years.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Well I am not a Chiefs fan, but I live in KC. What a great place for a game, not knocking GB, Chicago, Denver or Buffalo which have great traditions. Green Bay & Chicago stir up emotions of old time, great football. Kansas City really has a nice tradition and there's good football played at Arrowhead or where they travel.

Go Cowboys (my team)!!! :flagusa:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

i would say either Green Bay, Chicago, or Oakland.

the superbowl should be played in Green Bay or Chicago.

The cowboys are the most arrogant team just short of the Yankees. No team should be calling themselves "america's team". If that isn't bad, then you have the Houston fans that refused to support the Oilers in there final days. Ive never been to houston but just an Georgian outside looking in it appeared that the Oilers fans gave up on the team. Thankfully the Texans, returned.

Though not a falcon fan by any stretch of the imagination, they do have a nice fan base and have stuck with the team.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

It's tempting to say Chicago, but anyone who's ever seen the madness first-hand must choose Green Bay. The people live and die at Lambeau.

That said, Peckers Suck! Bear Down!

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;

Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

CGP.gif

Been there done that and needless to say a cheesehead is a cheesehead with holes in there heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunder, I just realized something. That member number (turned upside down) and that Sox logo can only mean one thing. The words that come to mind are Bal, Baphomet, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles . . . SATAN!

CGP.gif

I dont personally like the Redskins, but Washington has to get some love in this department. Biggest stadium in the NFL with rediculous prices and they still sell it out every week. Season Tickets are on a 15 year waiting list and the media loves the team so much its detrimental to the other two pro teams in the city.

Washington loves its redskins, and when joe gibbs came back it was like the freakin second coming in DC. walking randomly around the streets people would come up to me and be like "hey, did you hear about Joe Gibbs" it was very strange.

Azzuri.gif

New York, Chicago, Green Bay, Washington, Philadelphia, Cleveland, San Francisco, Minnesota, Detroit. All, except Minnesota, have a fan base that reach back at least 50 years and most reach back 70 to 80 years. That means fandom is passed down from generation to generation, and being a fan of that team is a birthright, and wether the team is good or bad, it matters not. Those are the markets where you will find the most hardcore, knowledgable, best fans.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Though not a falcon fan by any stretch of the imagination, they do have a nice fan base and have stuck with the team.

Are you kidding?

Fans in the ATL come and go like the seasons.

The Dome is never sold out for Falcons or Hawks games and the fans just now are learning they have a hockey team.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

"Though not a Falcon fan by any stretch of the imagination, they do have a nice fan base and have stuck with the team."

"Are you kidding? Fans in the ATL come and go like the seasons.

"The Dome is never sold out for Falcons or Hawks games and the fans just now are learning they have a hockey team."

Crimey's sake, the Braves would be in a pennant race, and nobody would gave a flying fluff about it. They haven't sold out a post-season Divisional Series game in years for crying out loud! Meantime, I'd buy the Hawks and move 'em out because the Dirty South is not a basketball city. Kansas City, hello!

As far as getting back on the subject, Eagles fans by far are the most vocal about the team, and does anybody remember the Giants fans with iceballs against the Chargers a decade ago, hmmmm? Made the Eagles fans hurling snowballs at Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys including one future Philadelphia mayor and Pennsylvania governor named Edward G. Rendell look like angels.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

As far as getting back on the subject, Eagles fans by far are the most vocal about the team, and does anybody remember the Giants fans with iceballs against the Chargers a decade ago, hmmmm? Made the Eagles fans hurling snowballs at Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys including one future Philadelphia mayor and Pennsylvania governor named Edward G. Rendell look like angels.

They threw stuff at Aikmen, and booed him, while he was broadcasting in the booth.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Let's not forget my Uncle Frank having his car turned over and burned simply because he was a Giants fan...

Yea, Eagles fans are angels....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Let's not forget the Philly Fans booing Santa on several occasions. And the Philly fans cheering when Micheal Irving was carried out on a stretcher becuase of an injury that ended his career.

Philly is the only stadium that has jail in it.

Archived