2018 MLB ASG Cap Concept

thespungo

Your presentation and execution are perfect. Love the vintage look, the cherry blossoms and the whole thing. I'd love to see that big orange H as a 'Stros alternate cap, despite it never having any historical reference in Houston. Great job!

This concept and presentation are amazing. Seeing this style of cap immediately made me think of the cap that Calvin Griffith wore and displayed in his and the Washington Senators' arrival to the Twin Cities in 1960. It appears that the team name at the time had not been decided and that the placeholder was the Twin Cities Senators. The franchise's first true attempt at a new name (trying to keep as many fans as possible from Minneapolis' contentious rival, Saint Paul) was the Twin Cities Twins, but that was rejected by Major League Baseball. Griffith decided to name the team after the state instead of the city that they played in, becoming the first North American professional sports team to do so.

Long story short, I was wondering if you could create an "alternate" version for the Twins since it is so stylistically similar to that first marketing tool for the new Minnesota team when they moved away from DC?

20110727__110731Arrival61.jpg?w=620

Saint Paul Pioneer Press

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

56 minutes ago, cyclonefan_1 said:

This concept and presentation are amazing. Seeing this style of cap immediately made me think of the cap that Calvin Griffith wore and displayed in his and the Washington Senators' arrival to the Twin Cities in 1960. It appears that the team name at the time had not been decided and that the placeholder was the Twin Cities Senators. The franchise's first true attempt at a new name (trying to keep as many fans as possible from Minneapolis' contentious rival, Saint Paul) was the Twin Cities Twins, but that was rejected by Major League Baseball. Griffith decided to name the team after the state instead of the city that they played in, becoming the first North American professional sports team to do so.

Long story short, I was wondering if you could create an "alternate" version for the Twins since it is so stylistically similar to that first marketing tool for the new Minnesota team when they moved away from DC?

Saint Paul Pioneer Press

The Twins cap should definitely be TC instead of M. 

6 hours ago, cyclonefan_1 said:

Saint Paul Pioneer Press

This is really awesome, thanks a bunch for sharing it!

Archived