Patriots ranking in Madden 2005

stimpy

Yes I bought Madden 2005 yesturday and noticed that the Patriots ranking is has follows

Overall:99

offence:90

Defence:99

That is better than every team, every 'all' team, and every classic team including the 14-0 perfect dolphins. Is this right? What do you think?

Yeah I was amazed to see this. What I don't get is how is the current team better than their 'all' team. Because their 'all team is the best players they ever had and if...You know what I mean.

That's ridiculous. Absolutely insane. Those Patroits would've even hold their own against those old 49ers or Cowboys teams among other teams. I have Madden, but I never noticed how good they were. That's insane.

IUe6Hvh.png

why are the patriots rated that highly?

no team in the NFL should be rated anywhere near 90. Most teams should be rated in the the 70's at best.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I've noticed that EA's programmers emphasized defense a lot more in this edition of Madden than in past years. Thus the high rating for the Pats - they made their living last season on their defense.

Still, 99's a little high - and I'm a Pats fan!

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

no team in the NFL should be rated anywhere near 90. Most teams should be rated in the the 70's at best.

not a chance, hell my team when I had an average age of 24 and the average rating of my players was 82 and the team was a 92.. the ratings are fine...

spacer.png

no team in the NFL should be rated anywhere near 90.  Most teams should be rated in the the 70's at best.

not a chance, hell my team when I had an average age of 24 and the average rating of my players was 82 and the team was a 92.. the ratings are fine...

hadn't noticed the rating...i seem to not be noticing a lot of things lately :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Me being a patriots fan yes they had a great year were one of the best seasons any team has had in NFL history and is one of the best teams ever. But to call them the best team in history of football and better than every teams best player is rediculous. I guarentee that will be the number 1 picked team online because it is like picking a classic team or a all team. It will be cheap.

the Patriots went 5-11 in my first season on Madden.... weird

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Well of course it's off, it's EA. When have they ever been accurate?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

In my experiences, EA has been much better in rating players than most other companies. For example, the ratings for Madden are a lot better than in ESPN NFL 2K5 and the Patriots are the only example I see that is a major flaw.

It's difficult putting a number towards how good a player is and there's bound to be mistakes -- but this mistake is ridiculous. I don't even think the Patriots are the best team in the NFL, let alone one of the better teams of all time.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived