Will this work?

Retromaniac

I tried to envision a time when the WNBA is as large as the NBA. Some of the team names are from the old WBL, some are from the ABL, some are from the NWBL. The Toronto team I have yet to think of a name for. Obviously the players on the lesser teams listed will not be joining their team.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

NORTHEASTERN DIVISION

New England Blizzard

New Jersey Gems

New York Liberty

Philadelphia Rage

Washington Mystics

SOUTHEASTERN DIVISION

Atlanta Justice

Charlotte Sting

Miami Sol

Nashville Noise

Orlando Miracle

CENTRAL DIVISION

Cleveland Rockers

Detroit Shock

Indiana Fever

Milwaukee Does

Toronto ???

WESTERN CONFERENCE

SOUTHWESTERN DIVISION

Dallas Fury

Houston Comets

New Orleans Pride

Phoenix Mercury

San Antonio Silver Stars

NORTHWESTERN DIVISION

Chicago Condors

Colorado Chill

Minnesota Lynx

Seattle Reign

Utah Starzz

PACIFIC DIVISION

Long Beach Stingrays

Los Angeles Sparks

Portland Fire

Sacramento Monarchs

San Jose Lasers

Well, Retro, I actually tied in the new 2004-05 NBA alignment to this. Fixed up and I hope you like it.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION

Toronto Huskies, Connecticut Sun, Brooklyn Dream, New York Liberty, Philadelphia Spirit

SOUTHEASTERN DIVISION

Atlanta Justice, Miami Sol, Orlando Miracle, Charlotte Sting, Washington Mystics

CENTRAL DIVISION

Cleveland Rockers, Detroit Shock, Indiana Fever, Milwaukee Does, Chicago Force

WESTERN CONFERENCE

SOUTHWESTERN DIVISION

Dallas Fury, Houston Comets, New Orleans Buzz, Memphis Belles, San Antonio Silver Stars

NORTHWESTERN DIVISION

Portland Fire, Denver Chill, Minnesota Lynx, Seattle Storm, Utah Starzz

PACIFIC DIVISION

Anaheim Wave, Los Angeles Sparks, Golden State Pioneers, Sacramento Monarchs, Phoenix Mercury

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

As I sad in the other topic, the WNBA needs to keep it small, have no pretensions to greatness (the NHL was made up of 6 teams to start off with remember!) I wiouldn't ever invision a 30 team WNBA, maybe 12-16 would be a good number to aim at maybe!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Iverson: "Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about the WNBA. We're talking about the WNBA man. (laughter from the media crowd) We're talking about the WNBA. We're talking about the WNBA. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about the WNBA. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about the WNBA right now. (more laughter)"

Are we talking about the WNBA?

Wow... I just had a Flashback to 2001

Well, at least this time around he's sticking to North America and not putting 3 or 4 teams in the same city.

It's progress but at a glacial speed.

Wow... I just had a Flashback to 2001

Well, at least this time around he's sticking to North America and not putting 3 or 4 teams in the same city.

It's progress but at a glacial speed.

But there are two teams named the "Fury" (Tennessee and Dallas).

I believe that may be a typo. I think the Dallas team is supposed to have two "r"'s. That's the team made up of Bulgarians.

First of all, I apologize about posting another madeup allignment. I promise I won't do unrealistic allignments like I did in the past (NFL in Akron, PLEASE!) I also won't do them often.

Also, someone mentioned the two Fury teams. I noticed that and have replaced the Tennessee Fury with the Nashville Noise.

will it work? NO! It barely works as a 13-team league. I haven't checked out many box scores, but from what I've seen, attendance is down from the first few "new gimmick" years. They even moved a game this year to Radio City Music Hall, and it looked far from sold out.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived