NHL Color Explosion Series

mattr1198

I'd like to see all white dropped from teams whose color schemes have a tertiary color available. Maybe take a look at adjusting the values of teams whose colors may not have a great contrast as is. I also think Buffalo would benefit from inverting the crest and being yellow with no keyline instead of navy with a thin keyline.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:28 PM, aild87 said:

I'd like to see all white dropped from teams whose color schemes have a tertiary color available. Maybe take a look at adjusting the values of teams whose colors may not have a great contrast as is. I also think Buffalo would benefit from inverting the crest and being yellow with no keyline instead of navy with a thin keyline.

I can see where you're coming from, but oftentimes its necessary (see my canucks concept) where the contrast between upwards of three colors is bad.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

6 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

I can see where you're coming from, but oftentimes its necessary (see my canucks concept) where the contrast between upwards of three colors is bad.

Maybe so for the green and blue Canucks. However, for Pittsburgh and St.Louis white definitely isn't necessary in that regard.

I would say the contrast for the rangers red and blue is similar to Vancouver's, yet the use of white there doesn't do anything to help alleviate that issue.

Otherwise, I still think the buffalo crest should be either flipped to yellow, with no outline, for the sake of visibility.

19 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Was able to sneak one more concept in before finals began. Using the retro colors to differentiate from the other red and black teams:

New Jersey Devils:

c5gn1Ej.jpg

Colorblind people are not gonna like that one

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

2 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Colorblind people are not gonna like that one

Not only colorblind people. It's a little harsh on the eyes and looks muddy and the colors are too close in value so they vibrate.

tinysig.jpg

On 12/13/2018 at 10:04 PM, Jake3.roo said:

Not only colorblind people. It's a little harsh on the eyes and looks muddy and the colors are too close in value so they vibrate.

Totally blanked on that. Just wanted to avoid using the black and red color scheme so common in the league, but looks like a necessity here for clarity purposes:

AChH7ir.jpg

NYC x STL

Moving into the 90s expansions and relocations, starting off with the:

San Jose Sharks

7oBYyy8.jpg

I know there are similarities to the alternate they presently have, but the way the color scheme looks I think lends itself better to a teal on black look. Let me know what you think and i can adjust if y'all think black on teal is better?

NYC x STL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived