City Logos VI: Phoenix

phillyfan36

Which is the best Phoenix logo?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot the NLL (lacrosse) Sting, owned by the Coyotes Organization.

I vote for them - LOL, they've only been around 1 year. I would vote for the Suns.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Suns- One of the most unique colour schemes in sports: Purple, Orange and Grey, and the sweetest alt. logo in the league: the flaming PHX Bird

They could afford to lose the gray altogether and play up the yellow they use in their logos, but my reasons are the same as Eppers.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I used to really like the Suns logo until they started importing that "PHX' crap! We all know the three letter code for Phoenix should be "PHO".

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I used to really like the Suns logo until they started importing that "PHX' crap! We all know the three letter code for Phoenix should be "PHO".

okay now say it w/me PHoeniX, now if you think about it P.H.X you can tell it is Phoenix Arizona, but when you start saying PHO you are going to be thinking about Phone, Phony or some other stupid saying so PHX is perfect for the city always will be, and always will look good on a jersey, P.S. The Coyotes do it also. Just look on the shoulder patch

All I was saying is that Phoenix's three letter code used to be "PHO". Did they finally take a good look at their city name for the first time just a few years ago or something?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

your point is that it should be PHO, why because it would be easier for someone to read it...PHX has always been a popular abreviation in Phoenix and if you lived here you would understand. The sports teams have been using the PHX the past few years to celebrate that PHoeniX is the PHX and no one can do anything about it. Not to piss you off

It doesn't piss me off but I think they go a little overboard just like how Canada has to use the Canadian Leaf in every sports logo.

Retired Number's To Come

how does it go overboard, believe it or not people here in Phoenix love the PHX, it makes us feel like Phoenicians. Not every team in Phoenix use the PHX, only the Suns and the Coyotes. The Suns only use the PHX Firebird-basketball only for a secondary/alternate logo and an alternate jersey, and the Coyotes only use it as a secondary logo/shoulder patch so it isn't going overboard when you only see them as secondary

and how is that saying overboard about the Canadian Leaf? That is their flag, it's like saying we use too much star's and stripe's

We don't throw stars and stripes into that many logos.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived