Jump to content

Four new logos for Choice Hotels


Dilbert
 Share

Recommended Posts

Choice Hotels is the operator of the Ascend Collection, Cambria, Comfort, Quality, Sleep, Clarion, Main Stay Suites, Wood Spring Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inns.

Last year Comfort changed their looks, now its Quality, Clarion, Sleep and Main Stays turns

comfort_hotel_logo.png

300?cb=20190516130318300?cb=20190516130002

300?cb=20190516130433300?cb=20190516130133

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2019 at 1:42 PM, Dilbert said:

Choice Hotels is the operator of the Ascend Collection, Cambria, Comfort, Quality, Sleep, Clarion, Main Stay Suites, Wood Spring Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inns.

Last year Comfort changed their looks, now its Quality, Clarion, Sleep and Main Stays turns

comfort_hotel_logo.png

300?cb=20190516130318300?cb=20190516130002

300?cb=20190516130433300?cb=20190516130133

Decent logos, they were all in need of a redesign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crazy how they have different designs but they're all exactly the same.

Like, I don't want to be that person, but why are companies opting to look exactly like each other? At least the older ones, while dated and still similar, were somewhat unique from each other.

spacer.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, the heat suck said:

Crazy how they have different designs but they're all exactly the same.

Like, I don't want to be that person, but why are companies opting to look exactly like each other? At least the older ones, while dated and still similar, were somewhat unique from each other.

 

Having similar logos was nothing new. Their main brands (Clarion, Comfort, Sleep, and Quality) had similar logos since at least the late 1970s.

 

latest?cb=20110616024005

 

340?cb=20110119191932

340?cb=20110616024907

 

340?cb=20110617052535

 

Random: Sleep Inn was originally called "McSleep Inn" until McDonald's sued and won in 1988.

 

mcsleepinn.gif

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2019 at 9:04 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

 

Having similar logos was nothing new. Their main brands (Clarion, Comfort, Sleep, and Quality) had similar logos since at least the late 1970s.

 

latest?cb=20110616024005

 

340?cb=20110119191932

340?cb=20110616024907

 

340?cb=20110617052535

 

Random: Sleep Inn was originally called "McSleep Inn" until McDonald's sued and won in 1988.

 

mcsleepinn.gif

Yikes. This is even worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/12/2019 at 10:04 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

Random: Sleep Inn was originally called "McSleep Inn" until McDonald's sued and won in 1988.

 

mcsleepinn.gif

 

I remember reading all about in my Trademarks class . . . and it was still relatively recent, since that was in *gulp* 1993.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.