NCAA Football Super Series (2019 version)

JCRGraphix

About this time two years ago, I started a large project and lost steam and never finished. I decided to re-do it, but a little differently this time. As I'm currently writing this, I have more than half of the project finished, and I have stayed very organized and goal oriented.

NCAA FBS Football is a close second with NHL Hockey for my favorite sport both on TV and in person. You just can't beat the pageantry and tradition of college football. From the crazy student sections to the marching bands to the mascots, college ball is infinitely better than pro ball.

For this project, I created another level of competition above the FCS and FBS, the FSS or Football Super Series comprised of 104 (fictional) colleges and universities just a bit bigger and better than the FBS. For the names, I created a spreadsheet with all of the states and territories, and all of the names already taken (U of, State, Tech, A&M, Northern, etc.), and filled in the blanks.

In this re-mix, I created a cool new comic inspired layout and template (hand-drawn) and will be presenting each team in its' own post along with some info on each school (don't worry mods, there is no real history or anything, spare the ban-hammer). For the original project, click here.

We will start first with the strongest conference, the Super 12, which is made up of 12 southeastern colleges. 

00-SUPER+12+MAP.png

Up first we have Alabama Christian:

Alabama Christian University

Type: Private University
Founded: 1906
Religious Affiliation: Southern Baptist

Major Rivals: Montgomery, Mississippi Christian

alabama+christian+-+road.png

alabama+christian+-+home.png

spacer.png

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the great feedback folks. It's great to be back!

On 9/20/2019 at 3:13 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Glad and excited to see this back! Alabama Christian looks good, partially inspired by the Browns I would assume?  

That they were!

On 9/21/2019 at 3:06 PM, heavybassX said:

Looks like the Cottontails are next if it's alphabetical order.

Absolutely!

Atlanta State University

Type: Public University
Founded: 1926

Major Rivals: Georgia A&M, Georgia

National Championships: 1 1982

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Up next we head west a little...

Dallas State University

Founded: 1882

Major Rivals: UT-Fort Worth, Texas

National Championships: 3 1971, 1985, 2007

National Championship Runner-Up: 1 1970

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dallas State always was my favorite. The colors. The argyle. The D/S logo. The alternate helmet. This school has it all for me! Not a complaint and more of a question, why go with the D/S logo for the helmet and the chest? Feels repetitive when they have such a nice primary that would fit right in on the front of the jersey. (Side note: I hope to god we make it to San Jose, Oakland, Phoenix and Arizona Tech this time around. Basically the whole West. We were left out in the prior run!)

On 9/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Dallas State always was my favorite. The colors. The argyle. The D/S logo. The alternate helmet. This school has it all for me! Not a complaint and more of a question, why go with the D/S logo for the helmet and the chest? Feels repetitive when they have such a nice primary that would fit right in on the front of the jersey. (Side note: I hope to god we make it to San Jose, Oakland, Phoenix and Arizona Tech this time around. Basically the whole West. We were left out in the prior run!)

I don't know. I personally really liked the D/S, but I am also proud of the other logo. I'm sure they'd sell plenty of T-shirts with the snake logo. Also, worry not my friend. the West is already completed and will be posted soon enough. 

Up next we head back to Georgia...

Georgia Agricultural and Mechanical University

Founded: 1915

Major Rivals: Atlanta State, Georgia Tech

National Championships: 1 1979

National Championship Runner-Up: 1 1993

georgia+a%2526m+-+road.png

georgia+a%2526m+-+home.png

Moving right along, we have the U of Huntsville Cherokees.

University of Huntsville

Type: Private University
Founded: 1910

Major Rivals: Nashville, Alabama Tech

National Championships: 1 1987

huntsville+-+road.png

huntsville+-+home.png

huntsville+-+alt.png

I know there are several schools in the University of Louisiana system, but none of them can actually individually claim the title of The University of Louisiana except...

The University of Louisiana

Founded: 1886

Major Rivals: New Orleans State, LSU

National Championships: 3 1994, 1998, 2012

National Championship Runner-Up: 1 2003

louisiana+-+road.png

louisiana+-+home.png

louisiana+-+alt.png

Guest darkpiranha

This is going to be so much fun.  But as someone from Louisiana, as cliche as it is, there's no way a top-level University of Louisiana school would NOT have green, gold, and purple.   

Archived