Philadelphia 76ers Concept

Jake3roo

Let me begin this concept by saying I don't care about the rules. I realize that ads are on jerseys. I realize teams wear more than 3 jerseys. But I designed what I thought looked best for the team, and here it is.

Colors: The traditional red, white, and blue have been tweaked to be a slightly deeper red, cream, and navy. I think this brings the 76ers look into the present and makes for a more unique and dynamic color scheme.

Primary: Mainly, I simplified. I'm not sure on the NBA's rules about the primary/global logos and whatnot but as I said, I don't care. The city name no longer appears on the primary logo, the 13 stars don't sit above the 7 anymore, and line widths have been tweaked to be slightly heavier, and excess outlines have been eliminated.

Secondaries and wordmarks: I love the Phila script that the team has been using on city jerseys (maybe not last year, I can't keep up), and also PHILA and SIXERS wordmarks finally get their drop shadow to match the numbers. All-new number set, with consistent line widths and a timeless feel. The other secondaries keep it simple with the 76 number in the 13 stars and in a basketball.

Uniforms: Similar striping patterns, unified look, none of the GFGS or unneccessary forced weird old wordmarks. One cream, one blue, one red. Cream replaces white in every instance.

Please let me know what you think, if you have any questions about why I made certain decisions, and C&C.

Credit to @bkknight95 for the template

Enjoy!

paBkeWx.png

tinysig.jpg

One minor gripe...on the alt logo, the lines on the ball get kinda awkward where they meet the outline of the "76". Like the little piece right by the top of the 6, and how the center line of the ball is thinned out. I do love how clean the uniforms and wordmarks are.

Archived