Just now, B-Rich said:

New England?

Buffalo?

Denver?

Not New England.  They just don't come off as one of "those" teams.  And the stadium is in the middle of nowhere - you're not missing any cool views by sitting indoors.  

Buffalo and Denver could go either way.  They're not really cornerstone franchises like those other ones are.  I have no emotional stake in either team, but while I think the league loses a little with everydomed team, I don't think they'd lose as much with those to as they would with the others.

I'd prefer they didn't go dome, but I wouldn't care.  Same with Nashville.  Seems dumb for them to be in a dome, but at the end of the day they're not really relevant so who cares?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Not New England.  They just don't come off as one of "those" teams.  And the stadium is in the middle of nowhere - you're not missing any cool views by sitting indoors.  

Buffalo and Denver could go either way.  They're not really cornerstone franchises like those other ones are.  I have no emotional stake in either team, but while I think the league loses a little with everydomed team, I don't think they'd lose as much with those to as they would with the others.

So, no domes for pre-1959 NFL teams? I can see that argument.

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

So, no domes for pre-1959 NFL teams? I can see that argument.

I don't think that's a solid rule, but a waiver must be granted for it.  And as far as I'm concerned, once you move, you're a new team, so the AZ Cardinals are a new-ish team.  If the Washingtons got an unnecessary dome, would anyone care?  The Lions have a dome, but I've never known them any other way, so I guess they're grandfathered in.  And I totally get any argument about the elements, especially since I'm a former outdoor stadium employee, and know that elderly and people with other conditions can be severely impacted by sitting outside in sub-freezeng temps for hours on end.  But NFL Films being able to capture great shots under natural light with flurries in the sky is, frankly, more important than someone's life.  That person would have gone the way they wanted to - rooting on their team.

Dallas should absolutely not have the dome it has . Not that there's anything worth looking at in that sea of parking lots, an wasteland, but it's roof should be way more open, cast less of a shadow, and create the illusion of an outdoor stadium when opened.  I also waiver about the Giants/jets. Maybe it's just decades of irrelevancy that's clouding my judgement, but I'm not sure I'd mind if they went with the GiantDome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I don't know Cleveland's public transit system, but if this means that the stadium will be somewhere that forces everyone to drive, then F it and F them. 

As they explicitly represent Nassau and Suffolk Counties, the New York Islanders are the only team in the Bigs who should call the suburbs their home. Everyone else, close to downtown and good transit links as possible.

I want to be angrier about the Browns situation than I am at this moment, it's just that I'm still too upset about Oakland and now the White Sox to spread myself that thin. The 1% is really on one lately.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was watching both Championship series and I thought "so players like Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, Mookie Betts, Shohei Ohtani and Francisco Lindor are going to play in Sacramento and wherever the Rays end up?"  

That isn't right

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't know Cleveland's public transit system, but if this means that the stadium will be somewhere that forces everyone to drive, then F it and F them.

The new stadium is going to be pretty much next to the airport. There is already an RTA train route that runs to the airport. I'm sure they have busses too. FWIW, I'll be taking advantage of the new location by the airport and flying to every game.

5 hours ago, LMU said:

Meanwhile, the Haslams tell the ‘Land to get bent.

And saving the taxpayers of Cleveland considerable money in the process.

They're moving to Brook Park. The new stadium location is about fifteen minutes from the current stadium and it's practically going to be on the borderline between Brook Park and Cleveland. People need to stop acting like the team is moving to Columbus or something.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.