ty072179

I saw there was a thread about Tampa Bay Bucs possibly getting new unis for the 2020 NFL season.  Here are some markups I did.  I kept the Retro unis pretty straightforward, but combined the 2 looks with the Retro & the early 2000's.  Please give me any feedback you may have.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I'm going to preface this by saying that, from what I've observed over the last couple of years, there are fewer and fewer members actually giving constructive criticism/comments. I'm not trying to backseat mod or come off as pretentious, but constructive criticism is really important if we want to see better content being and/or assist a designer in improving his/her work. I stopped posting for a while (not because of the aforementioned, life just kinda blindsided me) and I've been slowly getting back into my hobbies and interests so I've been back in the concepts threads and this is just something I've noticed.

But enough on that. This concept, honestly, it just doesn't work. I get that you're trying to combine the vintage logo with the pewter classics, but there isn't enough of a change that marries those two eras together into a cohesive look. For one, as stated above, Bucco Bruce really gets lost in the pewter. While an outline would help, it would still look way out of place with all of the other elements of the uniforms.

To be frank, there really isn't a lot going on here. The concept is essentially Bucco Bruce on the helmet of the late 90s/2000s uniforms and then the throwbacks. The all red uniform is too close to the Chiefs "blood clot" unis as well. 

If you want to use Bucco as the primary logo and the red and pewter uniforms as a base for the concept, I'd suggest playing around with those colors, implement them into the vintage logo, and then create a uniform set that works to bring all of the elements together as a cohesive look.

Archived