St Louis Cardinals socks question

Just having a weird debate with a friend tonight, and I thought I'd throw the question out to the assembled board.

Do you see the stripes on the Cardinals' socks as a red sock with two separate white/navy/white stripes, or as a red sock with 3 stripes (navy, red, and navy again) in a white field?  And does this question even make sense?

spacer.png

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Just having a weird debate with a friend tonight, and I thought I'd throw the question out to the assembled board.

Do you see the stripes on the Cardinals' socks as a red sock with two separate white/navy/white stripes, or as a red sock with 3 stripes (navy, red, and navy again) in a white field?  And does this question even make sense?

This is a perfectly legitimate question.  My response is bolded.

I never even considered the other possibility until the Rays starting using their own version with light blue stripes.  I go back and forth a little more on the Rays' version, if that makes any sense at all.

spacer.png

Slightly off topic:  The superstretchy Stance socks totally ruin this look.  The proportions on the current version (see Cardinals photo above) are completely out of whack.  The old ones looked infinitely better.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

14 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

This is a perfectly legitimate question.  My response is bolded.

I never even considered the other possibility until the Rays starting using their own version with light blue stripes.  I go back and forth a little more on the Rays' version, if that makes any sense at all.

spacer.png

Slightly off topic:  The superstretchy Stance socks totally ruin this look.  The proportions on the current version (see Cardinals photo above) are completely out of whack.  The old ones looked infinitely better.

spacer.png

Agree on the newer socks.

That's strange about the Rays' socks.  I'm with you... It's easier to see those as two separate stripes, for some reason.

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's strange about the Rays' socks.  I'm with you... It's easier to see those as two separate stripes, for some reason.

Yeah . . . and I have no idea why.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I've always seen them as red socks with white and navy stripes from just looking at them.

But after staring at them longer and also seeing the Tampa Bay socks, they look more like red sox with two large white stripes that each have a blue stripe inside of them. However, I do not (and cannot) see them as red socks with a large white field that contains a red stripe and two navy stripes.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

I normally view it as a red sock with two separate white/navy/white stripes, but I could also see it as navy/red/navy in a white field. As is often the case with stripes, you can view it whichever way you want to, I’d say.

Oddly enough, for the Rays I think I like it better as a white field with columbia/navy/columbia stripes. For the Cardinals I could go either way.

Archived