Montreal Jazz NBA concept

Whittier S

2k20 is on sale, and I'm now in a push to finish my work. (And hope that I found the solution around not being able to save after exactly 10 hours of gameplay, like I had with 2k17 and 2k18.)

I'm feeling pretty confident about this logo, except that I'm not sure whether I simplified/got rid of the right parts of the saxophone--since I don't play it, I don't know what's necessary.

UGsZjXv.png

rATMcmK.png

Maybe hide a subtle basketball in the light blue inner circle? Either to keep with the decree of keeping a ball in all NBA logos, or to highlight that this is indeed a logo for a basketball team. I think the colors are really good. The cream/tan color helps to differentiate between this and the Memphis color scheme. Maybe the saxophone could take on a little more detail without it becoming overbearing? I'm not sure.

It is exactly the Grizzlies' color scheme, except that tan is a tint of the gold. The Memphis Grizzlies don't exist in the universe where this team exists, and if I use colors of existing NBA teams, I can get an exact match in 2K20, but have to just eyeball it if I'm using my own colors.

And since this is the NBA in another universe, they don't have the whole "better use a basketball" thing. The roundel is supposed to be a 45 vinyl record; if I add the basketball, then I lose the record.

rATMcmK.png

On 10/23/2019 at 10:19 AM, Whittier S said:

The roundel is supposed to be a 45 vinyl record; if I add the basketball, then I lose the record.

Make the label look like a basketball maybe? The outside is black, which looks like a record. The blue could be a blue basketball.

Or alternatively, make it look like a 7” record, with a big hole in the middle, and hide the ball in there.

I’d also recommend that the text read “Jazz de Montréal” instead of just “Jazz Montréal”.

So, after 22 hours of gameplay -- so hopeful after getting past the 10-hour mark -- I once again am completely incapable of saving anything and am once again in contact with 2K Support. They have never found the reason why this has happened on multiple computers, with multiple editions of the game. And I'm apparently the only person this has ever happened to with no solution, or at least who has reported it so persistently.

Since I'm yet again stuck in the water and unable to work on what is a hugely ambitious project that relies on NBA 2K but ranges well beyond that, I may as well give you my update on the Jazz. I really didn't like how ungrammatical "Jazz Montréal" was, yet couldn't find a solution for adding the "de" that I was happy with. Until I saw all that dead space in the light blue:

ilhdM4u.png

I had also wanted to use the saxophone as a "J" in a wordmark. I ended up with a secondary logo that doubles as the wordmark on the jerseys (and, if I do say so, I like how it came out before the game screwed up on me and now I'll have to recreate it): 

iIA3SqS.png

And there's your basketball. :D 

Sorry they're so big -- click on them to see them more properly. I'd sized them for 2K, or rather, had to resize them, since after two years, I'd forgot the required pixel size, and no one posts anywhere online how big they're supposed to be (1024 x 1024 for logos, 512 x 256 for arena name logo-thingies or whatever they're called, 512 x 128 for scorer's table ads, in case you're wondering.)

rATMcmK.png

Personally I like the basketball design. One suggestion, and I may really be pulling at straws, is that I would imagine in 2k from distance the blues might fade into one another. I'm no design expert, but have you considered like white-piping along some of the outlines of the colors, to sort of make them clearer? I guess theoretical, because that could totally mess up the balance of the thing. Just an idea.

spacer.png

I may be somewhat limited in what I can do in game right now, though I found out I can save edits to teams I'd already saved. I kind of like how it all came out, though.

A0Hn9hw.png

lJef9DG.png

ClWWFRv.png

Tb2TZhy.png

rATMcmK.png

(Correction, I can save edits to uniforms and courts to teams I'd saved before the bug as long as they don't involve any logos or text. I'm working with Support on fixing the bug, but they're not nearly as fast or communicative as the bug-fixer I had with previous versions of the game.)

rATMcmK.png

49 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

So, if this team is called the jazz, what’s coming of Utah?

They are the Raptors. And Toronto is the Huskies.

But I can't make those teams until either 2K support fixes the bug, or I can find a PC 2k20 player who can work with me. I can save colors and striping, I can upload my own logos, and I can upload and download full team designs, but I can't save logos or text onto a uniform or court. I could upload team designs minus the logos, have someone download my team designs and add my logos, and then upload the completed design for me to download. That would be the workaround, but I don't know anyone who plays the game.

rATMcmK.png

On 11/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, Whittier S said:

They are the Raptors. And Toronto is the Huskies.

But I can't make those teams until either 2K support fixes the bug, or I can find a PC 2k20 player who can work with me. I can save colors and striping, I can upload my own logos, and I can upload and download full team designs, but I can't save logos or text onto a uniform or court. I could upload team designs minus the logos, have someone download my team designs and add my logos, and then upload the completed design for me to download. That would be the workaround, but I don't know anyone who plays the game.

I think Utah has history of Spanish settlers (Conquistadors) if you want another throwback name to go with Huskies. I like the Montreal Jazz getup though. Did you move the Grizzlies to Vancouver or change any other teams in this league?

The Grizzlies are in the league as an expansion team, as are the Seattle SuperSonics (NOT the Sonics, that's an important point in this version's history.) Oklahoma City is called the Bison--and were originally the Providence Steamrollers before they relocated. Like I said, the history is different.

I found a way around the 2K bug, so I'm going to post a full thread of the concepts soon.

rATMcmK.png

Archived