Pro Lacrosse Logo/Uniform Changes

4_tattoos

New Chrome jerseys with much need change in number font.... Don't know why PLL decided to change the uniforms in only the second year, but I've got no complaints over the changes they made so far.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, ghost316 said:

Rabil is a marketing dynamo.

I think he has single-handedly elevated the exposure of the great game.

I wonder what the Rabil brothers could have done with MLL if their attempt to purchase the league had been successful

26 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Redwoods with Progressive logo, I'm guessing all of the teams will sport ads.

Probably. So far every new jersey has a Ticket Master ad below the numbers on the backs.

And the PLL wraps up their 2020 uniform unveiling tomorrow with the Whipsnakes, Atlas & Archers. 

I'm a little concerned that the Archers will be wearing orange jerseys this year. I thought they had the best overall uniforms last season and shouldn't stray too far from it. Hope going from navy blue to orange dark jerseys doesn't end up being a downgrade.

Overall, I like the changes made to Chrome, Chaos, and Redwoods. Although, the Redwoods dropping the brown or maroon is a slight downgrade IMO.

The ones being unveiled today show some promise too. Archers are going orange?? I may have to pick up a jersey then. 

They have kind of become my team of interest because I had a class in college with Drew Adams. Plus, I love their whole branding and color scheme.

18 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

New Redwoods jerseys. Love their new whites switching to green stripes. The maroon stripes on last years whites were out of place.

I miss the sublimated trees though

PLL Redwoods Harrison Replica Jersey - Men's – Premier Lacrosse ...

AmPJ0Ty.png 

New Archers jerseys. Only noticeable change is they've replaced the white jerseys with orange jerseys.

To be honest, while there is nothing wrong with the orange jersey I think ditching the whites was a downgrade. IMO the Archers' blue/white/blue combo was the best uniform in the whole league last year.

The Whipsnakes now have a gold championship PLL crown logo on the backs of their jerseys. In addition to that the dark green Adidas stripes of the red jerseys & dark green numbers/NOB of the white jerseys now have a metallic sheen to them.

I think all these Premier Lacrosse League uniforms look great. But, and maybe this is just another sign of time passing me by, I struggle with understanding a team sports league that isn't tied to geographic locations. I'm sure there are examples of this being done successfully, but doesn't it require the consumer to invest significant time in the league just to get to know it well enough to pick a favorite? Or are they just banking that there are enough lacrosse fans to recognize the league's stars and gravitate toward their teams? The whole thing is vexing to me. 

I guess maybe they're thinking of it like NASCAR or pro wrestling. A little harder to wrap my head around that concept with a team sport. 

8 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I think all these Premier Lacrosse League uniforms look great. But, and maybe this is just another sign of time passing me by, I struggle with understanding a team sports league that isn't tied to geographic locations. I'm sure there are examples of this being done successfully, but doesn't it require the consumer to invest significant time in the league just to get to know it well enough to pick a favorite? Or are they just banking that there are enough lacrosse fans to recognize the league's stars and gravitate toward their teams? The whole thing is vexing to me. 

I guess maybe they're thinking of it like NASCAR or pro wrestling. A little harder to wrap my head around that concept with a team sport. 

They broke away from MLL and realized it was cheaper to rotate around the country. It also helped that MLL dropped teams further away from the Northeast. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived