Pro Lacrosse Logo/Uniform Changes

4_tattoos

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I don't think anyone attended a Dallas Rattlers game.  They had zero coverage on the local news.  

Was that because people in the Dallas area don't care for lacrosse? Or was it because the Rattlers and/or MLL didn't make an effort to promote the team?

I'm not the biggest lacrosse fan, but I've picked up on the fact that PLL has done more in one season to promote itself and the sport in general than the MLL has in it's entire existence.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Was that because people in the Dallas area don't care for lacrosse? Or was it because the Rattlers and/or MLL didn't make an effort to promote the team?

I'm not the biggest lacrosse fan, but I've picked up on the fact that PLL has done more in one season to promote itself and the sport in general than the MLL has in it's entire existence.

It's on MLL. I can't even tell you if ESPN or CBS Sports are showing games.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I have heard it's the latter.  Dallas is a decent lacrosse market.  There are rumors of an NLL (indoor lacrosse) team for Dallas.  It can do well if marketed correctly.  

16 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's on MLL. I can't even tell you if ESPN or CBS Sports are showing games.

From what I understand the majority of MLL games are streamed on the Lax Sports Network with an weekly game on one of ESPN's networks.

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

From what I understand the majority of MLL games are streamed on the Lax Sports Network with an weekly game on one of ESPN's networks.

I can't remember the last time I saw an MLL game on ESPN. If anything they'd probably be an ESPN3 relegation. Though IIRC, CBS Sports had the MLL contract. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Sheesh. Now I see why all the veteran PLL players bailed on MLL once a new opportunity became available. MLL doesn't seem stable at all. Even before the PLL came into the mix that league seemed shaky.

• 3 months later...
On 2/14/2020 at 11:45 AM, Brian in Boston said:

In the wake of Monday's disclosure that the Dallas Rattlers franchise was ceasing operations, Major League Lacrosse announced the launch of the Connecticut Hammerheads on Tuesday. The team will play its home games at Fairfield University's Rafferty Stadium.

8tXMMOwl.jpg

That logo looks way too early 2000s. I think  they saved the image as a jpg since then. Sad to see the Dallas franchise gone but this look rushed as all heck.

To be honest, I watch the PLL more then the MLL since it was on NBC Sports last year. I haven't watch any MLL regular season game since 2014 I think? It the same issue with the NLL to be honest. It hard for me to care for the lacrosse leagues if I have a hard time watching them. I forgot Dallas even had a team in the first place... 

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And here it is. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

19 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

PLL releases teaser of Waterdogs uniforms. Don't usually see that shade of purple in sports.

It's funny you say this because just today the new NWSL Louisville expansion team unveiled their branding and it's eerily similar in terms of colors.

spacer.png

Parsons is my dude.

I don't usually like or care for sublimated designs in uniforms, but I must admit that I like the water effect on these uniforms.

We may be seeing more new uniforms out of the PLL this year. That first pic appears to be a Chaos jersey with a new, easier to see number font.

New Chaos jerseys. Not wild about the dual color dark jersey, but it's a big improvement from the black jerseys with red numbers/NOB they wore last year.

New Redwoods jerseys. Love their new whites switching to green stripes. The maroon stripes on last years whites were out of place.

Archived