Minnesota Winter Classic

Midwest_surfer

Hey guys, with Minnesota being officially announced last week as being the 2020 Winter Classic host, I went through a few historic Minnesota hockey jerseys and tried to make them fit the Wild. 4 were based on a few jerseys from the minor league Minnesota Millers and 1 from an early 50s Gophers jersey. I tried to stay away from the North Stars entirely. The M is just a stylized version of the M the Wild wear on their shoulders.

spacer.png
This one runs a little close to the Habs stripey jerseys from like 2009 but I think it’s biggest issue is it reminds me of Elf.

spacer.png

this one is better I think, a little candy cane looking but it’s basically a Millers jersey just recolored.

spacer.png

Removing the stripes on the chest works better IMO.

spacer.png

This is another recolored Millers jersey, the crest on the front disappears a bit into the bottom half but I still like it for some reason.

spacer.png

This is a recolored Golden Gophers jersey from like 1953. I think the name on the back can still use some work but I think this one is my favorite.

Let me know if I’m on the right track.

I love the Gophers one! I would also stay away from the Minneapolis Millers design, as the Wild are the only team of the big 4 to play in St. Paul. I personally would rather see them in a St. Paul Athletic Club jersey over the Millers, mostly because I'm from the St. Paul side... So maybe avoiding one over the other would be good. A mix between the two would be perfect. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived